All of our moderators have cybernetic implants. They watch over you as you sleep.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Any videogame sins?  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Deeptron

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Professional vinesauce jabroni
Any videogame sins?
« on: November 28, 2016, 11:21:29 pm »
You know, stuff that you need to be punched in the face for because everyone disagrees with you, or heck, maybe even agree with you, for example: "i never liked/played (insert game here) because (insert reason here)", "Everyone loves this (song, character, weapon, level, etc...) but i don't because (reason)", etc...

I'll start:
I have yet to play any modern zelda games because i don't have money for the console or game needed/my laptop overheats in any emulators with 3D games.

I never got interested in majority of RPG's because i think they are too repetitive, tedious, grindy or boring, i want more games like earthbound/mother, i got into those.

RE5 is fun, local multiplayer, even better.

I never got into Pokemon, but considering that Pokemon is fairly popular in my school and Sun/Moon came out, i might buy Pokemon Moon... if only i wasn't 10 dollars short  :sick:

I never liked the edgy characters, i can't stand the fact that they can be drama queens, or just too serious/boring, yet they can be fun to play.
More active on discord.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Any videogame sins?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 12:50:12 am »
I have a sin. along with some bias at modern games in general.
I think online gaming actually sucked the fun out of a lot of games. Though that problem is more to do with various communities along with cash cow player imbalance crap.

In my opinion you don't get to have as much dumb OP stuff in current online games because everything needs to be balanced and I understand strongly why balance is needed but uugghhhh boredom. Also I miss cheats but if you do that online you ride a fence of being persecuted for being and cheater and risking ban and or the other extreme being the reason cheaters get a horrible bad rep as it is A.K.A some people on online games definitely shouldn't have cheats simply because they don't regard other people's play experiences . I don't like bad cheaters and dealt with plenty on an oldish game once.

But really I miss dumb fun stuff that totally messed up the rules of the game. usually built in cheats heh. I want variety :V
And in online games that's hard to do :( it's understandable why but still :(

I also don't like when games become so grindy rng long term it becomes like an IRL job... this too is sort of partly from online mode stuff.

so yeah I'm sorta mad at the whole online multiplayer trend for now.

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:02:22 am »
Oh boy, here we go... :very_angry:

I prefer GTA IV over GTA V, I actually think GTA V got dumbed down A LOT just for those casual players (not saying they are bad gamers), also GTA Online sucks cause the grinding is even worse than working IRL.

I am not a big fan of Bioshock series, I think it is probably one of the most overrated video game series of all time. I tried to force myself to enjoy it, but I couldn't, it's just... not fun.

I haven't played any Pokemon game after bootleg version of Green, as I never am able to get myself a Nintendo handheld console after Game Boy color.

I don't like MGSV:TPP, in fact, I hated those boss fights so much that I almost destroyed my white DualShock 4 because of that, Hideo Kojima created some of the greatest games in video game history, but he also made some mistakes, MGSV:TPP was one of them.

Biggest video game sin of all time you may ask? Well how about this, I haven't finished all the Klonoa games, so there you go!  :bad_straight_face:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 07:15:45 am by Roach (RoachKiller_416), Reason: Typo fixes and clarification »

Offline Matiri

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Dealing with life one step at a time.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 11:51:02 am »
I REALLY liked Sonic Heroes and I even consider it to be one of my top 3 favorite games in the series. I consider better than the Adventure games and comparable to Colors, then again I have yet to play Unleashed, Generations and Lost World.
Although it does drag thanks to it's requirements for unlocking the last story I can at least salvage that the gameplay was consistent from beginning to end. A fun, fast-paced, gameplay at that, there's just something so exhilarating about switching formations at the last second to keep the pace going. I liked it so much that it became the first Sonic game I ever 100%'d, before that I was trying to do the same with SA1 and SA2 but Chao Garden kept getting in my way so with those I just settled with getting all stage emblems and A ranks; at least Heroes was straight forward about it.   

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 09:30:59 pm »
I love Sonic Heroes
You have permission to crucify me

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 06:47:31 am »
heh actually I'm getting pretty critical of the recent dark souls despite loving the game... Due to a lack of variety and overly nerfed covenants. actually I could get very critical if I wanted but I had higher expectations than I should have.
So add that to a list of sins. my 2nd favorite game series I'm also a good bit mad at too.

Also those people who claim Namcobandai should producing dark souls

Psst... FROMSOFT is the producer. Namcobandai is just currently the publisher.
NamcoBandai thankfully can't make a souls game.. because I already don't like how they handle dark souls marketing.. yeah that same problem Klonoa had :(

Offline Manikku

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Daburappa
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 01:50:08 am »
:unsure:

I enjoy Sonic R's OST.. A lot. It's so cheesy, yet at the same time so good, I played it at Genesis 3 this year with my dudes who I went with (Blkyoshi, Mr_Shasta, Jyochem) and we all sang along like idiots ;D

I enjoy all kinda of bad games, I stream them whenever I usually play them, and get more laughs than pain out of them (for the most part) :sick:

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 02:17:25 am »
Forgive me, for I have sinned...  x_x

I think the N64 controller was more comfortable to use than the Dreamcast controller.

Offline Antoid

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
    • Tumblr:
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 09:26:06 am »
Contrary to popular opinion I think that story is more important than gameplay - might as well just read books for that though...
Because of that I also have never played a game more than once...
Barring a concussion, the memories would be too... vivid. You'd know where everything is and I'd usually get bored :sleeping:

Please convince me otherwise - I'd like forgiveness :sad_face:

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 06:13:16 pm »

I discovered Klonoa through a game that wasn't specifically about Klonoa. Actually, it wasn't really the game itself, it was just the opening animation.

*Klonoa disapproves*