Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Ello  (Read 5095 times)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: Ello
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 05:15:13 am »
(Also, if possible, I reccomend getting Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament. It's pretty much the only other major Klonoa game to play...besides Klonoa Heroes, but that hasn't been translated yet (which we've been working on doing here, by the by), so that isn't as important right now.)

I will probably end up buying every game of the franchise, might even go as far as buying a Wonderswan so I can get Moonlight Museum too, I live in Europe so getting the Volleyball Spinoff is a no brainer, seems to be priced at about 10$ on ebay so price is not an issue there atleast, I'm not quite sure about the original PS1 game, I would maybe get the PAL version, but there is the issue of game optmization, I have no idea which games on the PS1 are optimized or not for 50hz, so I might just get the US or JAP version of the game instead, prices be damned. Just to go off on a tangent, you wouldn't believe how happy I was when I saw that the PAL version Lunatea's veil let you choose between 50 or 60 hz mode (This was before buying the game, I thread very carefully when buying PAL console games).

On an unrelated note, I was thinking of making a little something fangame related, I have been sitting on a platforming engine that I made about a year ago that I haven't put to a good use yet, it isn't the most efficient thing in the world but should run well even on the worst computer imaginable (as long said computer does not struggle trying to run WinXP that is XD), but it was made with flexibility in mind so I should be able to turn it into a Klonoa Engine over a couple of days, and it even has a rudimentary level editor to boot, I'm sure there would be some interest in that here, it's a 2D engine BTW so whatever I make will be based on the GBA games.
 :big_smile:

OH, that's cool to hear. I believe another member here, @radel1996 , is also working on a fangame of his own. And @nub_hat , another notable user here, is known for music compositions, so if you ever need any music composed for your own fangame.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 05:39:29 am »
(Also, if possible, I reccomend getting Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament. It's pretty much the only other major Klonoa game to play...besides Klonoa Heroes, but that hasn't been translated yet (which we've been working on doing here, by the by), so that isn't as important right now.)

I will probably end up buying every game of the franchise, might even go as far as buying a Wonderswan so I can get Moonlight Museum too, I live in Europe so getting the Volleyball Spinoff is a no brainer, seems to be priced at about 10$ on ebay so price is not an issue there atleast, I'm not quite sure about the original PS1 game, I would maybe get the PAL version, but there is the issue of game optmization, I have no idea which games on the PS1 are optimized or not for 50hz, so I might just get the US or JAP version of the game instead, prices be damned. Just to go off on a tangent, you wouldn't believe how happy I was when I saw that the PAL version Lunatea's veil let you choose between 50 or 60 hz mode (This was before buying the game, I thread very carefully when buying PAL console games).

On an unrelated note, I was thinking of making a little something fangame related, I have been sitting on a platforming engine that I made about a year ago that I haven't put to a good use yet, it isn't the most efficient thing in the world but should run well even on the worst computer imaginable (as long said computer does not struggle trying to run WinXP that is XD), but it was made with flexibility in mind so I should be able to turn it into a Klonoa Engine over a couple of days, and it even has a rudimentary level editor to boot, I'm sure there would be some interest in that here, it's a 2D engine BTW so whatever I make will be based on the GBA games.
 :big_smile:

That makes an extra fangame, GASP!
Flawless Victory, too many Fangames and Fanthings for Klonoa!

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 07:44:59 am »
The potential fan game is interesting. I'm curious about the engine too since it has a level editor even if rudimentary it is still something.

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • This sentence contains a lie.
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 08:18:13 pm »
The potential fan game is interesting. I'm curious about the engine too since it has a level editor even if rudimentary it is still something.

Link: http://sejez.deviantart.com/art/Flash-Level-editor-389264414

You can test the original engine on my deviantart page, this is a version of the program compiled to .swf, but I can also compile it to .exe which runs much faster, I'm ironing out some bugs atm, there are a few files missing and it seems to lead to some strange results in the level editor, mind you the flash version can't save or load levels  at all due to file access limitations. Also the .exe version is easier to use since creation and erasing is assigned to separate mouse buttons, so you don't need to use the buttons on the screen.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 08:26:09 pm »
hmm I messed with the flash version a bit and got the exe to mess with later right now I can't think clearly enough to make much.

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 08:35:15 pm »
I know it isn't very user friendly, it was more of a test just to see if I even could get it to work, I need to redesign the interface so it's easier to use.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 07:39:43 pm »
I'm also waiting for the "potential fan game", however, this engine looks very basic, I don't think you can make advancded stuff.

Also Welcome to the Untamed Heart S.Z.! ;D

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 08:35:21 pm »
Trust me, the real pain was getting everything working, things like getting the program to load and write levels correctly, from there it's a lot easier to redesign everything to make things more complicated, when you have a foundation to work with, it took me a while to get it to work in the first place, making it better is a cinch in comparison, especially since I have a finished game I can compare my progress to, the engine is far more capable than what it looks like.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:38:24 pm by S.Z. »