Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Time to become a full site  (Read 6522 times)

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Time to become a full site
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 05:47:02 pm »
Quote from: "the_darai"
Quote from: "John Smith"
I was wondering if klonoa forums could become a full site? I think we have enough of a fanbase to do so Though I think we should do a kickstarter for a non-commercial project for this idea perhaps using the blender cloud

What does 'full site' even mean? I thought Aura answered that already. We already discussed possibly hosting the site on my server one day, but not now.
I recommend switching now too, Zetaboards does not provide a database export and personal backups. Crawler bot is a good option but more time we host on Zetaboards, more harder to move forums.

Also, I think same about Bandai Namco is not doing anything. I even sent a mail to them.

If reason of closing ShiftyLook is it completed it's mission, why everything finished so quickly, or not finished at all. Look at Klonoa's comic, Is it look completed?
If reason of closing ShiftyLook is Bandai Namco lost interest of it, why they don't give ShifyLook to fans. There are fans who can create stuff, make maintanance, modarate forums etc.
If reason of closing ShiftyLook is hosting costs I (and probably any big fan like me) can take Shifylook and pay hosting costs from my (their) pocket.

They don't send anything back as response.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:17:21 pm by Rupurudu »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 03:14:05 am »
Quote from: "Rupurudu"
I was wondering if klonoa forums could become a full site? I think we have enough of a fanbase to do so Though I think we should do a kickstarter for a non-commercial project for this idea perhaps using the blender cloud

What does 'full site' even mean? I thought Aura answered that already. We already discussed possibly hosting the site on my server one day, but not now.
I recommend switching now too, Zetaboards does not provide a database export and personal backups. Crawler bot is a good option but more time we host on Zetaboards, more harder to move forums.

Also, I think same about Bandai Namco is not doing anything. I even sent a mail to them.

If reason of closing ShiftyLook is it completed it's mission, why everything finished so quickly, or not finished at all. Look at Klonoa's comic, Is it look completed?
If reason of closing ShiftyLook is Bandai Namco lost interest of it, why they don't give ShifyLook to fans. There are fans who can create stuff, make maintanance, modarate forums etc.
If reason of closing ShiftyLook is hosting costs I (and probably any big fan like me) can take Shifylook and pay hosting costs from my (their) pocket.

They don't send anything back as response.
I do agree with that. Though I'm not sure how well Crawler would be able to maintain all the members. I do think that I could still use invisionfree's softwarea and everything would go smoothly. Or at least that's my guess. I unno. It'll be more work for me in the end though.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 06:08:27 pm »
I do agree with that. Though I'm not sure how well Crawler would be able to maintain all the members. I do think that I could still use invisionfree's softwarea and everything would go smoothly. Or at least that's my guess. I unno. It'll be more work for me in the end though.
Well, sooner or later, you'll need flexibility that zetaboards can't give you. It's your choice to switch now or when you need flexibility. But test for these stuff first:

1. Since crawlers kinda gets every post one by one, how reliable to use this on a big forum? No one wants a corrupted forum, I think...

2. How much data can a crawler get? For example, If there are no way to get the passwords, we need to send new passwords via e-mail. Or worser, if we can't get e-mails too, we need to forward them to zetaboards and send their new password by pm bot.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 06:57:24 pm »
Quote from: "Rupurudu"
Well, sooner or later, you'll need flexibility that zetaboards can't give you. It's your choice to switch now or when you need flexibility. But test for these stuff first:

1. Since crawlers kinda gets every post one by one, how reliable to use this on a big forum? No one wants a corrupted forum, I think...

2. How much data can a crawler get? For example, If there are no way to get the passwords, we need to send new passwords via e-mail. Or worser, if we can't get e-mails too, we need to forward them to zetaboards and send their new password by pm bot.
I saw a whole thread about it on Simple Machines. If anything I believe I can ask zetaboards admins for our forum database. If not, I'll do whatever trickery on my part.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 08:05:47 am »
If you use a crawler be sure to use an opensource one Also it would be awesome to buy a .bit domain using namecoin

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:49 am »
If you use a crawler be sure to use an opensource one Also it would be awesome to buy a .bit domain using namecoin
Crawler is open-source.

We already have a domain name, it's http://klonoaforums.com

If you are still using http://w11.zetaboards.com/Untamed_Heart/ update your bookmarks.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
Re: Time to become a full site
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 12:33:52 pm »
Now that we have a proper forum (phbb is still better) we now need a proper site might I suggest the open source ghost platform https://ghost.org/pricing/

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 01:42:46 pm »
Now that we have a proper forum (phbb is still better) we now need a proper site might I suggest the open source ghost platform https://ghost.org/pricing/

You're really trying my patience...

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 02:05:40 pm »

Picky aren't we?
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 08:29:40 pm »
I'm locking this thread. It's rather pointless since it's a post from the old forums and now that we already have a 'full' site. If you have any suggestions, make a new thread.