For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Game Ideas  (Read 7548 times)

Offline A Mira-Miran

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
Re: Game Ideas
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 05:55:34 pm »
Lately I've been imagining a game which has a character wears a special suit that plays certain songs to give buffs and power ups to their friends. I'd imagine it be an action RPG or something.

It's something I imagine when I listen to certain songs. Frantic fighting while something like "Through the Fire and Flames" is blasting from the speakers on the character's suit.

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 11:25:17 pm »
I think up a lot of stuff. Do very little.

Something of a reboot for the Klonoa series that worked as both a tribute and an introduction to newcomers. The general idea being a story where Klonoa rapidly travels between one Dream World and the next within the same game. He partners with someone (the owner of the Dream World) and together they solve some type of problem. As the game progresses a twist is thrown in that connects all of the Dream Worlds and how they relate to Klonoa himself.

I concepted that as a branched visual novel with multiple endings and end-game scenarios, but had concerns that people might think that was boring to play. I also had concerns about finding a suitable game engine. I wanted the final product to be playable in a browser so people aren't discouraged by having to download a program.

I also thought about reviving an old project that was a multiplayer minigame with a Klonoa Skin. That one had a different story than the above that involved corrupted versions of our Heroes. For example, Lolo was corrupted by the Nightmare and turned into a Sorceress who took enjoyed torturing the girls who used to bully her. I have the Engine I intend to build with and made a wire-frame of the game, but I need to tweak some things and make sure that the gameplay is actually fun.

I also had some ideas about how Klonoa Heroes could possibly work on a 2D Plane and as a platformer. It'd be similar to the GBA games, but I'd incorporate the weapons with some special properties.

I had the idea of making Guntz playable as a character that has better stats but is harder to use because enemies don't re-spawn when he uses them. When he catches something with his gun it creates a " bullet " which he can use for a special movement or technique, but he only has a limited amount of bullets since there are a limited amount of enemies.

It's hard to explain without a visual.  :big_smile:

Offline impulse

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 10:20:09 pm »
just some ideas for a 3rd game, a title, 2 villains, a world, and charcter concepts for some of the worlds
did i spell that right?

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 05:24:03 am »
my glob... you really went all out on this one. Love what you did there with... everything.

So anyway, when I was in middle school, I've been inspired by the premise of the Wii U. I know, I know. It just seemed so cool at the time. First you have your tv. But then, oh, there's more. THEN, you've got yourself a controller with a SCREEN. Oh, but that's not all. Not even close. The controller controls BOTH of the... overselling it? Yeah that's what I thought.

So, to put shortly, I wanted to make a game where you and animated, hand-drawn, chibi-ish AI party members can interact with each other as if they were real, and your controller was a device used to contact their world, solving puzzles, battling robots, ripping off Cooking Mama to make items, watching AI share an emotional moment, AI sharing an emotional moment with you, laughing, crying, arguing, fearing the unknown, and having cartoon-style episodes/chapters ranging from hilariously heartwarming slice-of-life to tear-jerking moments that teach/remind you of some of the harsh realities of life... not kidding there. You'd have your inventory in the controller, and you could fling items to the top screen for the characters to interact with. You could also teleport your characters to the controller and equip them with tools or do other things. Sometimes enemies would invade your controller and mess with your stuff, forcing you to try to get rid of them. All the gauges and stats are on the bottom screen, while the top screen environment is the hand-drawn side-scroller. The characters would look and move like a genuine cartoon to make you feel like you're interacting with a real character. You're actually supposed to feel like you've become close friends with them. Near the end you'd reach this section inspired by the ending chapter of Earthbound, where you've lost contact with all of your friends, and you have to solve a puzzle with the exact same gameplay as before, but there are no animations or real backgrounds, and code replaces the appearance of everything. After that section, the final boss battle would occupy the entire top screen, to make it really clear that there are two separate screens, and you're using the controller to interact with the environment above.

But, you know, since the Wii U's been dead since it was born, maybe I could daydream about it on the Switch. Not that I'd ever make this tho...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:29:29 am by Painty »