It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What if a Klonoa game was releassed for the PS3.  (Read 581 times)

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
What if a Klonoa game was releassed for the PS3.
« on: January 07, 2024, 11:32:47 am »
I recently asked myself the question, What if there was a Klonoa released for the PS3?

Lunatea's Veil was a flop due to its marketing, even though Klonoa there were Klonoa games and cameos afterwards, I would say that the series died because of it's commercial failure.

Bandai-Namco tried to reboot the series wit the Wiimake, but this game also failed due to it's poor marketing and this game aimed mor for an causal audience, wich made this game VERY easy, fans to this day despise this game.

It's a shame that (Bandai-)Namco never tried to make a real Klonoa game afterwards, I would understand if they killed of the series after it's third iteration.

Time to get to the Point...  :bad_straight_face:

I belive that Klonoa had chance to be sucesful if there had been a game for the PS3.

The PS3 had a disaterous launch, until 2008 there weren't any good exclusives and barely any good games on it, Sony lost in the PS3 era all the money they made in the PS2 era, the PS3 was that disasterous.

Due to the lack of good games, Klonoa 3/PS3 Remake could have been sucessful if it released before 2008, it could have stand out as jewel in a sea of trash.

With disapointing releases like Sonic'06 it could have had an big enough audience.

Klonaoa always failed due to it's marketing, Klonoa for the Wii could have been sucsseful aswell, if it releassed as launch title.

I orignally wanted to talk about how Klonoa for the PS3 could have been sucseful but I remebered it was the marketings fault that Klonoa never was really sucessful, so DtP and LV could have sucesseded but the chance of failure would be lower, but in the end evreything depends on the marketing.

And the game has too fit the Zeitgeist and the gameplay has to be challenging enough to attract more core gamers.

I think in the end the Wii was the better console afterall.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: What if a Klonoa game was releassed for the PS3.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 03:39:49 pm »
Yeah, i think the Remake deserved to be on Wii, it just makes sense to try to appeal more to a casual audience of all ages, since, that's kind of the point of Klonoa, but... Yes i also think Klonoa should've had one game on the Playstation 3, not a port of the Wii-make or vice-versa, a new game, but, of course, the Wii-make's disappointing sales, does make for a pretty unrealistic thought. If there is a console i think of Japan and 2000s, it's the Playstation 2 and 3, both were kings over there, even if the PS3 was failing world-wide.

I think it wouldn't have been a remake for the PS3, strangely enough, i imagine Klonoa being even older than he was in Lunatea's Veil, around the same age he had in the Wii-make, something just clicks with it, and, i believe with each generation of systems, Klonoa should grow alongside the player, afterall, he is "clone" as the developers said.

Also, yes the Wii-make is painfully easy, but, i've had a friend before who thought the game was really hard! So maybe if there would've been an alternative it would've been this, but yes, i think it was a bad idea for the Wii-make to have 10 hit points instead of 6, 6 should've been the standard for all games actually, would've allowed for Lunatea's levels to be less empty as well.

I will stand for the Wii-make still, people don't just hate it for having 10 hit points, they hate it because of simple biases like "Klonoa looks like he is 15", honestly continuity doesn't matter in Klonoa games, or how "it has real world languages", yes i'm also kinda against it, but you can literally change to Phantomillian in the options. Just these factors for me are not enough to completely devalue this game, but it is enough to say the Playstation version is better, overall PRS just has more negatives i think, more step forwards to then have 2 steps back.

My only gripe with the Wii-make besides the 10 hit points, is, well, the cutscene presentation is kinda poor, and PRS somehow kept the bad cutscene presentation, but made them even worse with the Playstation muffled voice clips, and, they try to look closer to the Playstation cutscenes by, they fail at that... Doesn't help with the worse lighting and character models with less polish.  x_x
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 04:53:58 pm by rapappa the pepper »
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/