Untamed Heart: Wahoo is more popular than Yahoo!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Great to know this community exists!  (Read 4568 times)

Offline GivingTree

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
Great to know this community exists!
« on: January 08, 2017, 08:54:17 am »
It's great to find that after close to 20 years since its creation, this particular track that I named is being loved by so many people around the world that a fan site is named after it.

"Untamed Heart"

It was around 1997 when my now sister-in-law Eriko Imura asked me to 'create' - not translate - a series of titles for the music she composed for the yet to be released new game sountdtrack for PlayStation. Some of them already had a fixed title, which I wanted to change but to no avail. So some are not of my making, but this track, "Untamed Heart" in particular, was born out of many sessions with my sister to determine the rightful name.

The implied meaning of this track is the uneasiness that beheld and tormented a central character in the game, not Klonoa, but Hewpow, the prince trapped in the magical ring found by Klonoa. It leads to the next track, "Difficult to Say" (also my creation) where his torment results in making him unable to tell the truth to Klonoa who has now become such good friend.

"Untamed Heart" is a prelude to this track, representing the dilemma Hewpow is feeling towards the end of their journey together, with all that they have gone through and overcome together. It is this sense of restlessness and uneasiness that was the central theme in this track. And people all over the world seemed to have grasped it, and more importantly, felt it. That to me is very gratifying.

19 years later, I am a full-fledged professional translator working in a Fortune 500 auto maker as translator/interpreter.  My work unfortunately have nothing to do with games but Klonoa still remains as one of my favorite games of all times.

Great to know you Klonoa lovers! :D

I've read through all your rules but I'm sorry if my introductory comment is a bit out of place.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:48:43 pm by GivingTree, Reason: Wanted to add the original Klonoa icon somwhere. »

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
Re: Great to know this community exists!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:26:53 am »
Waphilio to the Collective, @GivingTree  :smile2:

And yes, this place is named after that soundtrack from Door to Phantomile :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here ;)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 11:54:16 am »
I'm really happy to see you here :D

And don't worry you are well within rules. I didn't know the huepow part of that untamed heart track. That's pretty insightful. I love learning little things like that.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:34:18 pm by Vokadae »

Offline Tortwag

• Disciple of the Sonic Slash Claw
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 17
  • Crazily self-proclaimed Shell Master
    • Jest'O'Clock
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 12:12:15 pm »
@GivingTree First off: you're welcome! Thank YOU for giving that awesome name to the track and explaining the meaning of it. I enjoy writing, tend to believe in the power of words whenever they're used to resonate with people, so I'm glad I got to know about this. And... Only NOW to I notice the heartbeat-like constant sound in the musical piece. I'msmiling like an idiot right now, but then all things Klonoa tend to have that effect on me XD

Second: Welcome to the Collective! I'm... quite the recent member myself, I guess, but I can still hope that you enjoy your stay! Even though your work has nothing to do with Klonoa/games anymore, it's good to know that this place brings some good memories for you. Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:43:25 pm by Tortwag »
Currently writing a Klonoa-themed fanfiction called Crusaders of Pugiland! Discover it here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1462.0

Also started an art topic for said fanfiction, which you can find right here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1877.msg26101#msg26101

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 01:57:36 pm »
Glad to have you part of the Untamed Heart Collective! Welcome!
:D

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 02:21:28 pm »
Welcome to the Klonoa Collective, @GivingTree!

I'm really happy and honored to see a former Klonoa staff on this forum! ;D

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 02:35:41 pm »
Welcome, GivingTree! It was actually my idea to give the fan forums the name "Untamed Heart", when I first started the forums a a few years ago. It's awesome for you to join the community and revealing the meaning behind the music track name! :D

We hope you enjoy yourself here. :D
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 10:35:55 am »
I'm really happy and honored to see a former Klonoa staff on this forum! ;D

Wait... :tired:

You're not kidding when you said that, right? :|

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 05:29:16 pm »
Welcome to the best website ever for the best game series ever made by the best developers ever made by the best people ever.
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline Deeptron

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Professional vinesauce jabroni
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 09:24:17 pm »
Welcome GivingTree!  :D

Wow, i am so glad to see the person who named "Untamed Heart" and "Difficult to Say" is here! And what a coincidence, they happen to be my favorite tracks! Its really great learning about the music in Klonoa.

Eriko Imura's music is really great and i love it so much! Its pretty much one of the reasons i got into Klonoa so easily, she KNOWS how to add emotion into these tracks and i can't help but to admire it so much!

Anyways i hope you enjoy your stay!  ;D
More active on discord.