Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Topic  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Topic
« on: November 19, 2014, 02:43:09 am »
My lIttle Pony: Friendship is Magic is a continuing cartoon series based on the Hasbro toy of said name. The cartoon, in it's current incarnation, was spearheaded by Lauren Faust, and began back in 2010. It's gone on to gain a rather sizeable cult following, and has gone on to become greatly integrated into internet sub-culture. It's also very charming, and a delight to watch. And I say that as an impartial person, and totally not as a fan.

Anyway, here's a season 5 teaser.

Season 5 will be starting in Spring 2015, so the wait'll be just a bit longer than usual...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:00:56 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
Re: Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Topic
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 05:19:02 am »
My Little Pony?
Never ask me about those horses.

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:30:18 am »
Fanboy time... Okay, maybe I'm not really a fanboy, but I sorta like the show. Although for some reason, I think Tara Strong's voice acting seemed to be regressing later on in the series. But it is a nice show, with fun songs, beautiful animation and a good plot.

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • This sentence contains a lie.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 08:56:10 am »
I have watched the first season, while I think it's an okay show, I didn't find it to be quite what the hype would would have you believe, sure it's in another league compared to many other kids shows, then again there are a lot of good kids shows that don't get nearly as much recognition as they deserve, it's one of those cases where the popularity really baffles me, my reaction was kind of the same as in this video (weren't nearly as frustrated though).
 :big_smile:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:40:01 am by S.Z. »

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 10:00:29 am »
I don't watch MLP as much as I used to, but I do think it's better than most of the other crap on American TV today. Again, I don't watch the show as often as I did last year, but I still buy the merchandise and follow the fandom frequently (in a sort of hipster way I guess).

Also, Fluttershy is best pony.

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 46
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 12:22:34 pm »
My Little Pony?
Never ask me about those horses.

Click to enlarge!♥
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

• Hero in Training
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 02:02:52 pm »

Also, Fluttershy is best pony. :|
Exactly! She's kind, she's sweet, she's cute... I did not just say that.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 05:48:18 pm »
Also, Fluttershy is best pony.
Wrong, Rarity is uwu

Anyway though, yeah I've watched FiM. I've never been a "brony" or a rabid fan eagerly awaiting the next episode or whatever, but I genuinely enjoy most of what the show offers and I would watch it from time to time. It's got an appealing aesthetic, really nice animation and music, and is a very well-handled children's show. As in, it teaches some really important things, but doesn't shove it down kids' throats until they're choking on it. Rarity's episodes are usually my favorites, especially the ones dealing with really common moral dilemmas for artists, which I've totally experienced.
Also, (mostly) all of the season premiere and finales are super impressive in terms of plot and animation. I would be content skipping every episode except those two every season, probably.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 05:57:56 pm »
I loved how Rainbow Rocks was such an improvement upon the first EG movie, better animation and character development and all, and of course, amazing music. There isn't an MLP song I detest (much like how there isn't a bad Klonoa song either, hehe) I especially love how they handled Sunset Shimmer. I related a lot to the way people treated her, although I was never a bully, I wasn't really "allowed" to be angry or shy away from anything that wasn't "extremely nice and happy to everyone" (I.e. People treating her like a monster when she got upset) and I'm glad she was able to redeem herself. She's quickly become one of my (many) favorite characters, yes, along with Rarity and Fluttershy, hehe  ;)

• Hero in Training
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 06:18:25 pm »
A little bit about the songs in Rainbow Rocks: Personally I didn't really like the sound of all of them singing at once; although when it's a solo it's really good. Just wanted to get that out of the way.