Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How many dreamstones can you ever get per Visions?  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
How many dreamstones can you ever get per Visions?
« on: June 08, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »
That is what I'll be giving an answer to, here.

Just like my 0% topic, all pictures and tricks will be explained at the imgur link below :

----->>>>>     http://imgur.com/a/pkDWU     <<<<<-----

So as you can see, there are no more than 9 Visions, in which you can get more than 150 dreamstones (They will be called Ds for writing simplicity). If you remove the bosses (Because there aren't any collectable Ds), then there are 18 Visions total.
If you do the math, this means that one has a 50% chance of having more than 150 Ds. That's huge, especially when you compare it to Door to Phantomile, which only holds one Vision of that type (And that was 1-2), so technically 1/12. I'll give my opinion about it at the end, there probably is some logic behind that.

Now the main reason this happends, is maintly the fault of Mirror-Fairies (  :angry: )  During a short period of time, they will double the number of Ds collected.
You can thereby, at some opportunities, trick the game, by collecting more Ds than it anticipated, but this fact is known by many Klonoa fans.

[OPINION TIME] At first I thought the devloppers had done a really bad job at placing the Ds. It really wasn't rare for me to finish 100% a Vision, and discover that I bypassed the holy "150" limit. I mean, they weren't like that in Door to Phantomile. Why so many here? But anyways, I haven't finished 100% the game at the time.
...Then, the last one to do on my list, was Kingdom of Sorrow. Tried two times, got 148 each. Very strange, how could I miss two Ds?
But finally, via tricking the game through Mirror-Fairies, I doubled the value of a Blue Ds, getting 153.
Feeling that something still wasn't right, I looked a completion guide for this level.
Turns out, he did the EXACT SAME THING than me, and ended up getting 153 Ds ( :confused: )
So, for a while, I was doing the math, and as it turns-out, impossible to get exactly 150 Ds, while grabbing everything (I could expand that point, because as it is right now, i'ts not clear).

And then, this idea strived me: what if those "extra Ds", were intentionnal?
I agree, this sure doesn't sound original, or even surprising. But let's all agree that we thought Klonoa Works made some "mistakes" while making Lunatea's Veil (Please read the next lines), and believing we could "trick" the game about acquiring those "extra Ds". After all, DtP was solid on that regard, having only one Vision with this particularity, (Which certaintly didn't go through the minds of the devs, at that time).

You want another proof? Okay. Tell me how could you get exactly 150 Ds, at the Empty Sea of Tears, while taking full advantage of Mirror-Fairies (and this means getting everything possible in that small time-window), and grabbing every Ds along the way . I'ts not easy of course, but if you nail it, number  154 will always appear.
This follows the fact, Klonoa Works did just put a bunch of them along the way, to help players get their 150s, if they misses some behind.

Finally, Sea of Tear's 153. That one is so natural, it was the first level I got above the 150 limit (imgur, link above for a picture of the location of the "extra Ds", from this Vision). I'ts not possible that the devs failed this badly at placing the Ds, so it was intentionnal.

Don't get me wrong, there are some Visions which, bypassing the 150 limit wasn't expected at all to happend, Noxious La-Lakoosha being a prime example (Also explained at the imgur link).

ARGH... ( :tired: )
Sorry if it is hard, or annoying to read, I'm a native French speaker to begin with.

I'm pretty sure there are no other improvements to be made, but if you have one, I'll immediately give it a try  ( ;D )

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: How many dreamstones can you ever get per Visions?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 03:28:19 pm »

153 is the highest I remember naturally ever getting in either Klonoa 1 or 2. Though I don't focus on them now when I play the game xD

Usually the sea of tears and I've not tried the other levels very thoroughly and remembered the amount of dreamstones I have gotten.

Also I've gotten 153 in vision 5-1 in Klonoa DtP. though it's a mirror fairy thing. Also I've not really tried it since 2014.

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 01:52:19 am »
Wait, you can actually get more than 150 dreamstones in DtP?!? :O

I really didn't think it was possible, since Klonoa moves too slow to even collect an extra dreamstone. Which, I wonder how one can pull that off? :unsure:

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 01:16:56 pm »
I knew you could get 153 on Vision 1-2, but never knew this one too ( :O )
And yes, I've tried it and it works (You also showed me a brilliant and easy way of doing this section normally, too).

Speaking of DtP, I'm actually suspecting another one (Or maybe even 2, but that's too optimist), and possibly will record it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:22:12 pm by Balneor »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 05:28:24 pm »
ooohh interesting to me :D.

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 01:05:57 pm »
I really think this post should have merited it's own topic...

...Nonetheless, I'll post it here. Here is the third Vision, in which collecting more than 150 Ds is possible.

No idea if this has been achieved before, but at least it got covered here.
Also, it could probably be improvable.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 02:24:22 pm »
Ah congrats :D

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 07:40:43 am »
[UPDATE]

Found a new strat, allowing a new and abnormous score of 175 Ds! at Chamber o' Fun.
This makes 10/18.

Imgur was updated to hold information about it (And a in-date-picture of the first page).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:44:05 am by Balneor »

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 12:36:01 pm »
So I was bored, and because my computer wasn't working at the time, I played my copy of Lunatea's Veil out of boredom...

Then it happened. There exist 4 new visions that can have more than 150 dreamstones, which are Joilant Fun Park, Jungle Slider, Underground Factory, and finally Maze of Memories. That makes 14 Visions out of 18 which has this particularity !

I've updated and completely rewritten the album, because I found it to be childish at times.
http://imgur.com/a/pkDWU

I guess in the future, that number could hypothetically reach 16/18, but I doubt it.