You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How did Lolo and Leorina know about the ring?  (Read 372 times)

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
How did Lolo and Leorina know about the ring?
« on: December 20, 2023, 12:27:03 pm »
One thing that always bothered to me about Lunatea's Veil, is that, the ring never was a thing that existed in this world, zero origins other than Klonoa him self, and, in Door to Phantomile things were more purposed there. Yet, somehow Lolo knew exactly where this little boy wielding a ring would fall at, and, somehow also pirates knew that...? I always felt like the pirates shouldn't show up in the very first cutscene of the game, and be reserved for later, besides, they add nothing to it all, and they could've picked up the ring right away even if Lolo saw their ship. Another thing i felt like, is that the ring should be more mysterious, like, Lolo doesn't know she can enter in it and power it up, and just discovers it by accident a bit later in the first level.

But on the other hand... Is Baguji capable of seeing the future like this and tell people about this? I'm probably over-thinking but would Leorina and Tat also hear Baguji? Spy on them maybe? Did they just ask him politely?  :embarassed: this is, afterall, a dream world, should they make much sense any ways? Probably not but, then again, coming from Phantomile, it all felt more, purposeful what is in this world y'know, and, yes, while Hewpoe did create fake memories to Klonoa, Cress and Prince Hewpoe always felt, like, this is where the ring came from, specially how much more mystical that is, secretive.

But what if there is something else? Nothing is really concerned or said in the game tho, it's all played as if it was a cult who knows way more than any one.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
Re: How did Lolo and Leorina know about the ring?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 02:09:07 pm »
Part 1: The Prietesses (I hate this word)

It's quite a long time ago that I played Klonoa 2, so I have to rely on my memory.

Leorina was a former priestess and Lolo is a priestess in training. If I remeber it correctly Lolo said she prepared herself for this, but this could also refer to est to become a prietess.

I think the gets mentioned in the scriptures of priestesses (or the cult if you will), I think that's the way how Leorina
knew about the ring.

Part 2: The False Prophecy

I remember this part really good...

Before the fight against the King of Sorrow, he told Klonoa that he brought him into this world to fulfill his plan and that he lured him with a false prophecy.

The fact that Baguji(n) doesen't apear at the end of the game, could mean that he never really existed, or that he got killed. (Or he was forgotton)

Part 3: The Plane  :bad_straight_face:

If I remember correctly Leorina and Tat didn't try to get the ring due to the weather condition, or due the appearence of Lolo and Poppka.

I hope you consider my thoughts  :hey:

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: How did Lolo and Leorina know about the ring?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 02:15:12 pm »
I'm pretty sure the dialogue in the intro between Leorina and Tat says that they should watch out for not being spotted.
Maybe it's the German version that changed it up?
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/