We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Let's Talk About the Ending of Lunatea's Veil!  (Read 2604 times)

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
Let's Talk About the Ending of Lunatea's Veil!
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:54:59 pm »
Well? What do you think?

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Let's Talk About the Ending of Lunatea's Veil!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:13:11 pm »
I feel like I need to play through that game more or see the ending a few more times before I can say much. I am curious as to how and why he appeared to leave Lunatea's Veil of his own accord.

I can't come up with many good theories outside what has already been thought up yet. I'm a bit preoccupied for now.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:23:24 pm »
Uh, why don't you give your opinions first?

Okay, I admit I've got nothing to say now...
My favorite animes:

More to come

• Hero in Training
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:39:07 pm »
It's ok. It happens. It was so sweet the way Klonoa was comforting Lolo before he left.  :embarassed: < yeah you did. I wonder how she feels about him now.

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 02:20:38 pm »
I'm gonna say it right now: I loved the ending to Lunatea's Veil even more than Door to Phantomile's ending  (gasp!) :O

But seriously though, I loved this ending so much, because it made the series just a bit more complete to me. It may not have been as spectacularly heart-breaking as DtP's ending, but it didn't need to be (besides, going through the Kingdom of Sorrow and fighting the King himself was already enough to make me cry). The departure was a lot more sappy, but it's the good kind of sappy that made this moment all the more sincere and heart-felt.
What I loved most about the ending was seeing how much Klonoa has grown since the first game. In Door to Phantomile, he was only a mere child. The thought of him not belonging to the world was too much for him to grasp, and understandably so. Here, Klonoa not only acknowledges his role as the Dream Traveler, in the end, he fully accepts it. Even though he understands that he has to leave once the state of the world is restored, Klonoa still has a heart, and you can see that he regrets having to leave his friends behind (how could you not? Lolo's just so sweet and lovable :sad face:)
The saddest part is that you don't know where Klonoa ends up after he leaves. In the staff roll, you see the world joining together in harmony, and you even get to see the High Priestess hold in her arms a baby that looks like the King of Sorrow, which could mean that the King was reborn or reincarnated. But Klonoa is unable to see that for himself. Worst of all, you never know if Klonoa will ever find a true home. The last you see of him is when he walks into the unknown, and that's what made this ending so bittersweet

And that's what I think. I really hope we get to see a conclusion to Klonoa's story if Namco ever decides to make a third game... if... :(
It a me

• Hero in Training
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 04:47:05 pm »
I'm gonna say it right now: I loved the ending to Lunatea's Veil even more than Door to Phantomile's ending  (gasp!) :O

But seriously though, I loved this ending so much, because it made the series just a bit more complete to me. It may not have been as spectacularly heart-breaking as DtP's ending, but it didn't need to be (besides, going through the Kingdom of Sorrow and fighting the King himself was already enough to make me cry). The departure was a lot more sappy, but it's the good kind of sappy that made this moment all the more sincere and heart-felt.
What I loved most about the ending was seeing how much Klonoa has grown since the first game. In Door to Phantomile, he was only a mere child. The thought of him not belonging to the world was too much for him to grasp, and understandably so. Here, Klonoa not only acknowledges his role as the Dream Traveler, in the end, he fully accepts it. Even though he understands that he has to leave once the state of the world is restored, Klonoa still has a heart, and you can see that he regrets having to leave his friends behind (how could you not? Lolo's just so sweet and lovable :sad face:)
The saddest part is that you don't know where Klonoa ends up after he leaves. In the staff roll, you see the world joining together in harmony, and you even get to see the High Priestess hold in her arms a baby that looks like the King of Sorrow, which could mean that the King was reborn or reincarnated. But Klonoa is unable to see that for himself. Worst of all, you never know if Klonoa will ever find a true home. The last you see of him is when he walks into the unknown, and that's what made this ending so bittersweet

And that's what I think. I really hope we get to see a conclusion to Klonoa's story if Namco ever decides to make a third game... if... :(
Beautiful... simply... beautiful... (stops looking at the mirror) Oh, Hey!  :embarassed:  I really liked your post. It was... well, exactly what I said about myself (BTW I DON'T think I'm beautiful, but I do think your post was). And I do hope they'll make a new game while I'm still alive. Also, I have to agree that Lolo IS sweet and lovable. I wonder if Klonoa likes her. (Ah, I love Klololo. I just hope I don't get shallow and JUST talk about Klonoa x Lolo.)