No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Gear Up  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
Gear Up
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:33 am »
Gear Up is a totally f2p tank fighting game. Players are able to customize their tank to fit a play style or to just be different. I've played roughly 6hours already and it remains to be engaging. Furthermore unlike most multiplayer games the community is really chill; rarely see any choice words in chat.

I'm currently thinking of changing my build because a glass cannon build seems to dominate more than some players can stand...and 5 hours of playing the same build while laughing at my shenanigans is getting a tad stale. I'm most likely going to miss its speed compared to other tanks but maybe I'll like the build I'm thinking of more.

Anyway I suggest checking it out. There's a small learning curve as steering a tank is a tad mind bending at first. Additionally the starting gear is okay but you need to pick battles wisely or don't miss. Gearing up is fast as a few games can afford all the parts you need to build your preferred tank.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Gear Up
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:17:43 pm »
I would share a link to a screenshot but steam broke on that somehow. so I'll just say I really like spider tanks

Edit: oh hey it finally loaded

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:04:05 pm by Vokadae »

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:23:21 am »
I lmao when I see flea tanks; shenanigans all around. I actually have yet to see a good flea tank driver as they generally tip over on a regular basis or bite off more than they can chew.

I would probably be driving with a spider propulsion if they actually worked properly. Being unable to traverse 90 degree angles without falling down just makes them pointless (*hey let me show you my broadside by walking up this wall*). I've tried various builds with spider legs and even the hover propulsion and I either couldn't control the drifting or traversing terrain was just a pain (usually too slow).

Ultimately in the current metagame I believe the flea is the only feasible system for spider legs. The other legs are too slow and have a much larger hitbox. I tried maxing hp with 320 and spider legs but my dps was atrocious compared to the medium weight high dps builds. A few fights made me laugh as low dps tanks just caused scratches but...it just doesn't work without a medic or some sort of support boost (I haven't yet tried a support boost).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:24:58 am by confuted »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:34:03 am »
If I play this more my plan for spider legs would be to find some fun places to hide xD.
Though the next thing I want to get if  weapon. I'm quite happy with flea legs though I want to test some others so testing may happen instead of a weapon.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 11:34:14 am »
Hmm I just might try it. @BinaryPulsar got me hooked on tank games now. :)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 01:28:47 pm »
Hmm I just might try it. @BinaryPulsar got me hooked on tank games now. :)

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=WQgJxfKuK6E

Me when it comes to tank games XD

I've heard of Gear Up, never played it. I should look into it

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 02:00:14 pm »
After seeing the video for it...some of those tanks look like tachikomas.

DO WANT