We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Lunatea's Veil is a cool game!  (Read 772 times)

kittenwatermemes and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
Lunatea's Veil is a cool game!
« on: April 08, 2024, 11:42:19 pm »
Hi again! I know I just made a topic not too long ago, but that one is about fan art. But I do want a topic to discuss about my journey through the original Lunatea's Veil

My copy of Lunatea's Veil arrived around morning time on April 8th, and I am loving it! :big_smile:

I mean, even the cover art alone is pretty awesome!

And, since I can play it off an actual Ps2, this does mean I can hook up the Ps2 to my VCR/DVD combo and record an entire gameplay footage of Lunatea's Veil onto a VHS Tape! And that is actually a future plan off mine. I did record some short test footage off this game onto a vhs tape which was pretty much a success

No manual this time around, though there is something interesting: This one appears to be an Blockbuster copy, which is pretty neat!

And I did get some pictures of the game itself!

I honestly love seeing the background details. And I noticed the character outlines, which looks quite good!

The map design is beautiful, especially for Ps2 standards.  ;)

It does show that just like the original Door To Phantomile game, a lot of love was put into this! It's fun, very charming, and overall very good! Much better than the Steam version

Oh, and I do love how the memory card logo is just a regular Moo
..You could say it looks Mootastic!  :embarassed:
*audience laughter track* ...Okay that pun wasn't funny

I mean, just look at that moo casually chilling and living his best life  ;)

But yeah, overall: Lunatea's Veil is good. I would recommend playing it. I am enjoying this game so far! And I'm sure the ending is gonna be good!
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Lunatea's Veil is a cool game!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 11:26:15 am »
That moo joke is so, soooo corny and not good i just, it just automaticaly made me laugh.  :embarassed: So it gets a clap for that.

Makes me want to play this on my PS2 again...

I wonder, just how rare is a Blockbuster version of Lunatea's Veil?  :unsure: I never even heard of that.

Oh and if you hit Delete on the Memory card icon, it inflates.

This game i always thought it looked like an early Dreamcast game on PCSX2 (emulator), but, when i played it on real hardware... It all just, felt right, it didn't felt noticable and dated at all! Shame not many people knows or remembers how this game looked on Real Hardware. But, it is fine on PCSX2 either way.

I never was a fan of the outlines on 3D models, but, i'll at least give it a thumbs up for this game not having cartoon shaders for 3D models, which i never really liked, instead, it is committed to use 3D-looking shaders, but it does have lines, and i like it, it looks different to all, y'know, average game that had an outline, which automaticaly meant it needed toon shaders. PRS removed it, i'm not sure if it i a good or bad thing personally, i guess it does lose a bit of identity.  :sleeping:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 11:31:54 am by rapappa the pepper, Reason: Few extra lines. »
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Online kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 03:27:02 pm »
That moo joke is so, soooo corny and not good i just, it just automaticaly made me laugh.  :embarassed: So it gets a clap for that.

Makes me want to play this on my PS2 again...
Oh yeah, you should play this on an Ps2 again. You won't regret it!  ;)
And yes, I am a genius. The Moo joke was definitely the pun ever  :bad_straight_face:
I can probably think off some other moo puns

I wonder, just how rare is a Blockbuster version of Lunatea's Veil?  :unsure: I never even heard of that.
Me neither. My best guess is it's probably very rare

Oh and if you hit Delete on the Memory card icon, it inflates.

This game i always thought it looked like an early Dreamcast game on PCSX2 (emulator), but, when i played it on real hardware... It all just, felt right, it didn't felt noticable and dated at all! Shame not many people knows or remembers how this game looked on Real Hardware. But, it is fine on PCSX2 either way.

I never was a fan of the outlines on 3D models, but, i'll at least give it a thumbs up for this game not having cartoon shaders for 3D models, which i never really liked, instead, it is committed to use 3D-looking shaders, but it does have lines, and i like it, it looks different to all, y'know, average game that had an outline, which automaticaly meant it needed toon shaders. PRS removed it, i'm not sure if it i a good or bad thing personally, i guess it does lose a bit of identity.  :sleeping:
I've never attempted to play this off PCSX2, but I do know some games doesn't run very well on it. And I'm not too sure why I would try playing it on PCSX2, since it works perfectly fine on my Ps2. (Maybe to see how good it looks on it?)

And yes! There is something about the art style and all that makes it charming. The style is great

Maybe they were going for a certain style with the character outlines and all.. Maybe.

I do feel it still could've worked in PRS without the outlines, but the results of it was... Meh? Possibly a bit of an mess.
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 10:15:16 pm »
Oh, and I do love how the memory card logo is just a regular Moo
..You could say it looks Mootastic!  :embarassed:
*audience laughter track* ...Okay that pun wasn't funny

(Image removed from quote.)

I mean, just look at that moo casually chilling and living his best life  ;)

Have you looked at the model when you click “delete”?  :embarassed:

(Don’t worry, it will ask for a confirmation before it deletes. Some memory card models change when in the delete menu. Klonoa 2 is one of them.)

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 10:15:47 pm »
I already told him that.  :hey:
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Online kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 12:15:09 am »
Alright so I played some more around the afternoon which was 4 hours ago as of posting, and I went to a (dangerous) amusement park and chased after tat, went on a jungle slider, and then defeated a boss

And on the Joilant's fun park, there was these creatures seen in the background. Y'know the ones behind Klonoa in this 'great' picture. Do they have a name or anything? :unsure: Just curious (if you know what I'm talking about)

And here's Tat. She's also a pretty cool character

And oh boy, I also saw the 'funny'. The face Klonoa made here..  :embarassed:
What an classic moment

Overall, pretty good levels. Though apparently Safety doesn't exist at all in Joilant's 'fun' Park. Not sure why fun is in the title, considering how un-safe everything is in that park. And I imagine the game is only gonna get better  ;)

And the boss wasn't that difficult, actually. (Even though I was at a one-hit death on the first try) Gets pretty easy once you figure out how to defeat the boss. Yeah, this game has been quite great!  :big_smile:

Wahoo!

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 03:50:40 am »
Those shots of the TV look better than the game on an emulator, I'm glad that the double lines were an emulator issue.

Online kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 11:35:37 am »
Those shots of the TV look better than the game on an emulator, I'm glad that the double lines were an emulator issue.
Mhm. It's a pretty magical experience playing on actual hardware instead of using an emulator. It feels right.
If you've haven't played this on an actual ps2 before, and rather played it on emulator, I would highly recommend playing it on an actual Ps2. It runs quite well and the graphic looks quite good for the time era!  ;)
This is making me curious.. how well does this game run off an emulator? :unsure:

Wahoo!

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 01:45:13 pm »

Mhm. It's a pretty magical experience playing on actual hardware instead of using an emulator. It feels right.
If you've haven't played this on an actual ps2 before, and rather played it on emulator, I would highly recommend playing it on an actual Ps2. It runs quite well and the graphic looks quite good for the time era!  ;)
This is making me curious.. how well does this game run off an emulator? :unsure:

This game dosen't run on emulator (properly) , unless you follow the guide wich lead me to this place (there are other guides, but this one works for sure).

The game has major graphic issues if you emulate this game, esspecially in Joilant and Volk.
And the red fire is blue and the blue fire is red  :bad_straight_face:

Link to Voka~Daemyn's guide: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=2088.0

If you're intrested, playing this on an emulator

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 01:47:45 pm »
PCSX2 v1.7 already runs the game just fine  :hey:, a custom emulator isn't needed anymore, specially since it is no better at, well anything really than the original old custom emulator, which was for the longest time, the only way to play this game outside of a PS2 (or PS3).