Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Yomawari: Night Alone  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Yomawari: Night Alone
« on: August 11, 2015, 02:58:28 pm »
This upcoming game by Nippon Ichi for Vita is really interesting. It's horror-ish game for the PSVita about a girl who's walking her dog one day when her carelessness causes the dog to disappear. When she returns home with an empty leash, the girl's sister goes out to look for the dog. When she doesn't return with the dog after a while, the girl gets to look for them in the middle of the night, where the town looks different than during the day.... 

The game comes out in Japan in October. No word yet on a western release.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:44:50 pm by Windbullet »
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
Re: Yomawari/Night Watch
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 03:36:05 pm »
Wow, Yo-Kai Watch looks intense!  :big_smile:

Honestly though, this looks pretty cool. But if they do release it in the west, they would most likely have to change a lot of the Japanese folklore demons seen in this trailer to be more "western" so that more people will want to buy it. Similar to what 4Kids did to a lot of anime back in the day (most notable being the Yu-Gi-Oh! animes, One Piece before Funamation took it, and the Sonic X anime). I know the game would sell more then, but we then loose a large amount of what the original has.

Then again, this is Sony, the same company that allowed a J-Pop based rhythm game to be released overseas with the only differences being translated to other languages. So who knows?

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 06:26:33 pm »
But if they do release it in the west, they would most likely have to change a lot of the Japanese folklore demons seen in this trailer to be more "western" so that more people will want to buy it.
Slowly looks at the camera
Holds up copy of Okami

Seriously though the game looks cool, I saw it a few weeks ago and it piqued my interest. I'm all over this kind of stuff.

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 07:12:48 pm »
Slowly looks at the camera
Holds up copy of Okami

Seriously though the game looks cool, I saw it a few weeks ago and it piqued my interest. I'm all over this kind of stuff.
So am I. But the thing is that not everyone in North America or Europe is into Japanese things, whether it be anime, art work, music, or video games. So in order to sell more units most companies would change practically the entire game to fit a foreign market. Okami is different because it uses the sumi-e art style that Japan is known for (but I never played Okami) making it marketable to people who see games as art and to those that enjoy Japanese culture.

What I'm saying is that there could be a chance that the game could be changed dramatically in the west than in Japan for cultural and marketing reasons. There's a chance that it won't seeing as it's on the Vita, one of Sony's consoles (Sony is less strict when it comes to regional things in their systems).

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 07:41:56 pm »
I understand what you were saying. I don't agree.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 03:43:30 pm »
New trailer is up that reveals some of the gameplay mechanics. WARNING: There is a jumpscare at one point (yes, it got me). The trailer reveals that you can pick up shiny objects but not all of them are good things.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 07:58:23 pm »
New gameplay footage.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 04:44:33 pm »

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
Re: Yomawari: Night Alone
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 03:34:33 pm »
Bump. The game comes out on October 25, 2016 in North America. Also, the game's coming to PC. http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/26/yomawari-night-alone-comes-playstation-vitas-pcs-october-25-2016/

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
Re: Yomawari: Night Alone
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 11:51:29 am »
Yet another bump. Am I seriously going to be the only one here? New trailer (WARNING: jumpscares)