No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

Do you think Klonoa should be modernized?

Yes
12 (80%)
No
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Modernizing Klonoa  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
Re: Modernizing Klonoa
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 12:30:15 pm »
To be honest, the only thing I'd want to see in a modernised Klonoa is bigger and more beautiful backdrops, I can picture bloom effects being used a lot, making things look more shiny, and I guess "Magical".

I would also love to see harder levels, like in the vein of the bonus time attack levels in the games.

Otherwise, I think the games are perfect, beautiful, artistic masterpieces! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

EDIT: Tell a lie! I would love to see multiple windbullet spirits that have different abilities.

Like you'd have the default wind bullet, then you'd have one with longer range, but slower, and maybe one that can bounce off things, among other things, and you can switch between them all!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:32:22 pm by Kuroa »

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 12:59:08 pm »
Unpopular Opinion warning

One thing I don't want to see in a pontential Klonoa 3, is a return to the world DTP was in. Becuase i believe that Lunatea has much more untouched lore that they can take adventage of
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 08:26:22 pm »
Hm.

In my notes Phantomile is the place where dreams happen. Lunatea is the name of the planet.

Things are different from game to game because the world that Klonoa is in is skewed to the perspective of the dreamer. The towns you know and the people you see may be all that you and your Phantomile know, especially when you're young. There are enough similarities between games to suggest that they may possibly be an altered version of the same world.

The idea I was working on was going to lean more heavily on that.

Every vision/episode took place in an alternative version of the same world's universe skewed to the perception of the character that Klonoa has been sent to help. Over time, it becomes more obvious that the worlds in the Phantomiles Klonoa goes to are connected. Words and people and place keep popping up. Some sort of mystery that the viewer has to piece together to get an understanding of the "Real World".

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 01:51:33 pm »
There's something I can agree with whole-heartedly. Especially considering I feel Phantomile has been kind of overdone in comparison. (And that's not getting into the whole speculation regarding the cancelled film)
Overdone? There's only one game take place there.

Hm.

In my notes Phantomile is the place where dreams happen. Lunatea is the name of the planet.

Things are different from game to game because the world that Klonoa is in is skewed to the perspective of the dreamer. The towns you know and the people you see may be all that you and your Phantomile know, especially when you're young. There are enough similarities between games to suggest that they may possibly be an altered version of the same world.

The idea I was working on was going to lean more heavily on that.

Every vision/episode took place in an alternative version of the same world's universe skewed to the perception of the character that Klonoa has been sent to help. Over time, it becomes more obvious that the worlds in the Phantomiles Klonoa goes to are connected. Words and people and place keep popping up. Some sort of mystery that the viewer has to piece together to get an understanding of the "Real World".

That's a pretty interesting theory. I like it.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 04:41:13 pm »
That could explain why alot of places change from game to game, mainly Volk.
Guess what... You're a Cutie