In some instances, all you can do is wahoo.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: If Klonoa is like Goddess Claire...  (Read 3321 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
If Klonoa is like Goddess Claire...
« on: July 27, 2015, 01:37:09 am »
...well wouldn't that make King of Sorrow like Ancient Claire? I mean think about it. Popka said Klonoa reminds him of her. And correct me if I'm wrong Goddess Claire was purged of evil. And Klonoa himself is pure innocence and good. What if we are to go by some theories about King of Sorrow being Klonoa's manifestation of his emotions unchecked from his encounters at Phantomile, in that sense he purged himself of that sorrow, thus in that sense King of Sorrow being much like Ancient Claire.

Does this theory hold water? Discuss.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: If Klonoa is like Goddess Claire...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 01:06:00 pm »
Well, I think if nothing else there's a deliberately designed parallel between Klonoa and Goddess Claire and Sorrow and Ancient Claire. They have some similar themes in their designs respectively, at least to my very rusty memory. And the bell that's apparently hidden in the Ancient Claire statue might give it some weight, too.

I'm not sure if there's a really concrete connection or just a subtle implied one, but I mean, I guess either could be possible. The purging of Claire might have something to do with the sealing away of Hyuponia, as well? Given that last bell's location? I'm just spit-ballin' now.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:03:38 pm »
Well, I think if nothing else there's a deliberately designed parallel between Klonoa and Goddess Claire and Sorrow and Ancient Claire. They have some similar themes in their designs respectively, at least to my very rusty memory. And the bell that's apparently hidden in the Ancient Claire statue might give it some weight, too.

I'm not sure if there's a really concrete connection or just a subtle implied one, but I mean, I guess either could be possible. The purging of Claire might have something to do with the sealing away of Hyuponia, as well? Given that last bell's location? I'm just spit-ballin' now.

This. This so much. I thought about that as well. WHY was the bell hidden in Ancient Claire? WHY is there a statue of Ancient Claire? WHY is it in the lands of Hyuponia?  And maybe you're on to something about Goddess Claire sealing away Hyuponia.  To me, it seems that Klo/KoS may be reincarnates of the Claires.

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:08:01 pm »
It's also worth noting the crumbling statues at the end of the Empty Sea of Tears.  They all look similar to that of the statue of Claire the Ancient. There was also a castle-like structure filled with what I assume are Spirit Bells. If those were all statues of Claire, it could imply that Claire actually came from the Kingdom of Sorrow, or at least have been there long enough to have been idolized there like she was in La-Lakoosha. But after she became a Goddess, people began to see the statues of Claire the Ancient as obsolete and left them behind.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but I thought this was an interesting thing to bring up.
It a me

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • inactive
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:37:12 pm »
To me, it seems that Klo/KoS may be reincarnates of the Claires.
I'm not totally sure about this, especially since Klonoa isn't native to that world. I dunno how he can be a reincarnation of a holy figure from a world that he's only connected to via dreams (that is, if you see Lunatea as an actual, real world that Klonoa traveled to instead of just a dream he had.) I mean, I'm not saying that definitely isn't the case or anything but!!

I do think Sorrow being a reincarnate of Claire holds a little more weight, but I still really only feel comfortable saying for sure that it's, some, like, ~thematic parallel~ or whatever. A non-literal connection.

I don't disagree with this theory entirely but solidyfing it at all would take digging for/recalling/analyzing a lot of information and I ain't got the energy for that malarkey lol

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 12:56:59 am »
Here's some food for thought: How do we know that Claire wasn't of this world either? It's a possibly that Claire may have been a Dream Traveler as well and when she 'ascended' she simply went away just like Klonoa did. And since the legend of Claire is an old story it's quite possible that the truth became distorted and it is what has become.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • inactive
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 01:14:12 am »
Here's some food for thought: How do we know that Claire wasn't of this world either? It's a possibly that Claire may have been a Dream Traveler as well and when she 'ascended' she simply went away just like Klonoa did. And since the legend of Claire is an old story it's quite possible that the truth became distorted and it is what has become.
THAT'S.....actually a really interesting theory?? That has literally never occurred to me :000