Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: English Voice Actors  (Read 8305 times)

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
English Voice Actors
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 05:18:22 pm »
Joka's in the game though. :3
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
English Voice Actors
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 11:10:18 am »
Klonoa should never speak a normal language, phantomilian FTW. Giberish makes the character even more adorable IMO.

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
English Voice Actors
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 12:47:48 pm »
I always liked the voice acting in Beach Volleyball, Klonoa sounded like he should in english, unlike in the Wiimake with english on. For that, I ended up turning it to french, because even the phantomilian sounded like they just tacked it on in a hurry with no real effort, awkward and all. Hopefully, if there is a future Klonoa, they'll put more effort into finding appropriate voice actors, that is if they go with an english dub.

Anyway I did give this game a try on an emulator, and it was fun, actually challenging to play. I never did really learn how to play it properly though, but I might pick it up again.

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
English Voice Actors
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 03:31:19 pm »
^Wut? Phantomilian was done by the original voice actor and sounded as it suppose to, that is similar to Lunatea's Veil. I didn't like the orginal high pitch squeaky voice, probably made by raising the pitch of the actor with an audio software.

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
English Voice Actors
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 05:35:30 pm »
Quote from: "Gyzyn"
^Wut? Phantomilian was done by the original voice actor and sounded as it suppose to, that is similar to Lunatea's Veil. I didn't like the orginal high pitch squeaky voice, probably made by raising the pitch of the actor with an audio software.
Yeah I know, which is why I only liked Klonoa's voice acting in the Wiimake, Kumiko Watanabe did an awesome job as usual. The rest of the voice actors though... they were way too obviously speaking the same word over and over again, there wasn't that much effort put into making it sound like actual fluid speech, which is something the originals got nailed down quite well.

Offline Chibibug

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
English Voice Actors
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 03:36:03 am »
This game was released in the UK too? I really want a copy. The voice-acting is rather cute.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:36:47 am by Chibibug »

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
English Voice Actors
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 04:57:28 pm »
Well, since I'm here, I may as well give my thoughts. I can't stand most of the voice acting for beach volleyball, especially Klonoa's actor. The actor makes him sound a little annoying and he mispronounces phrases (it's WAhoo, no WOOhoo) and the next bit involves something Eric Stitt got right that this guy did wrong: The guy dosen't sound like he's the actual character. I mean, voice acting isn't just the voice the character makes, it's also how the actor actually acts (hey, it's not called voice ACTING for nothing)for example, let's say the script calls for the character shouting at another character because he/she is mad at him/her for something, the actor had to make the character sound like he's mad, and when it comes to how emotionally a line is, this guy didn't get it right like Eric did. Honestly, I prefer Eric Stitt over this guy and I already explained why. And, just so I can give MY two cents on the phantomilian voice track, it sounds cute and sometimes funny, but it gets a little annoying after a while. Also, I'm one of those people that would rather have voice acting rather than just text.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:01:38 pm by Windbullet »
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.