Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Possible Undub?  (Read 7427 times)

Offline OCG

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • Serbian Prinny
Possible Undub?
« on: June 23, 2018, 09:58:44 pm »
Greetings everyone!

I am video game enthusiast who absolutely loves to play games in original native language of game's origin. Online, there is a common practice that a popular Japanese games get Undub releases online by fans. It means replacing voice files from Japanese version of the game into the English one which results combination of Engish text and original Japanese voices. I am very disappointed in rather unfitting choice for Klonoa's voice in English version of the game and to me, playing game with Japanese audio is the most satisfying because I believe this was original vision of developer. I have American ISO and Chinese ISO (which has Chinese text but Japanese voices). I tried playing around and replacing some files but never got good result. I think its also interesting how Chinese version also seems to have some English text files on disc. Kinda how Kirby's Epic Yarn and Epic Mickey Japanese versions have and those games can be played in English with couple of small modifications.

Is there any kind soul here that is interested in helping me with achieving English text and Japanese voices?

Much appreciated would it be :)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: Possible Undub?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 10:03:21 pm »
Typically Klonoa games used this gibberish like language, so it wouldn't be in English or Japanese either way. The only game that this doesn't apply in is Beach Volleyball and I have no idea how well this would work.

Offline OCG

• Moo
  • Serbian Prinny
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 10:06:53 pm »
Typically Klonoa games used this gibberish like language, so it wouldn't be in English or Japanese either way. The only game that this doesn't apply in is Beach Volleyball and I have no idea how well this would work.

I was not referring to Beach Volleyball but rather Wii remake of the first game. Japanese and Chinese versions of that game use Japanese voice acting that is not gibberish but real language.

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 12:28:17 am »
Welcome to the collective! I wish I could help, but there are a bunch of other people here who are way more competent in stuff like this than I am.

Offline OCG

• Moo
  • Serbian Prinny
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 07:20:07 am »
Welcome to the collective! I wish I could help, but there are a bunch of other people here who are way more competent in stuff like this than I am.

Thanks for warm welcome ^^
Its alrighty, this seems to be a bit hard to do for someone who is not familiar a lot with Wii formats :)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 02:05:16 pm »
I was not referring to Beach Volleyball but rather Wii remake of the first game. Japanese and Chinese versions of that game use Japanese voice acting that is not gibberish but real language.
Oh right, I totally forgot about the Wiimake, heh

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 08:03:24 am »
Greetings everyone!

I am video game enthusiast who absolutely loves to play games in original native language of game's origin. Online, there is a common practice that a popular Japanese games get Undub releases online by fans. It means replacing voice files from Japanese version of the game into the English one which results combination of Engish text and original Japanese voices. I am very disappointed in rather unfitting choice for Klonoa's voice in English version of the game and to me, playing game with Japanese audio is the most satisfying because I believe this was original vision of developer. I have American ISO and Chinese ISO (which has Chinese text but Japanese voices). I tried playing around and replacing some files but never got good result. I think its also interesting how Chinese version also seems to have some English text files on disc. Kinda how Kirby's Epic Yarn and Epic Mickey Japanese versions have and those games can be played in English with couple of small modifications.

Is there any kind soul here that is interested in helping me with achieving English text and Japanese voices?

Hey and welcome to the Collective! And dang I swear I have never heard of a Chinese version of Klonoa Wii out there before, sadly I dunno much about these kinds of thing, so can't help much here, but I wish you luck. :smile2:

Offline OCG

• Moo
  • Serbian Prinny
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 02:42:37 pm »
Thanks for welcome and it seems that Chinese ISO I have is actually fan translation made by Chinese fans because header for game is same as Japanese one. Maybe its easier to replace text in Japanese version with English text than do sound swaping? It was possible to put Chinese text in Japanese version so it should be possible for English text too in theory. Given that NTSC-U and PAL versions both have multiple languages on disc (European languages) it makes voice files mismatch.

I hope someone with knowledge in Wii games modding can look into it. It would be definitive version of Klonoa then and a version that has been asked for couple of times on other forums already since 2009. I would legit pay for such version. English voices make the game unplayable for me. Acting is not bad but voices do not fit.

Offline beanbeanJio

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 11:41:28 pm »
Greetings everyone!

Where can I get the Chinese ISO? I really want to play this game with the Japanese voices.

Offline OCG

• Moo
  • Serbian Prinny
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 06:33:14 pm »
I got it long time ago on some Chinese website while browsing. I can however upload ISO on MEGA. But, my question is, are there people interested in somehow replacing Chinese text with English text?