We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: So I got a Vita...  (Read 4194 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
So I got a Vita...
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:09:46 pm »
Believe or not, I do like the concept for being able to play console games on a handheld. While I like having my 3DS, it does offer a different experience. Plus, I wanted to get something that was sort of 'this' generation so to speak.

Anyway, is there any games you guys suggest? Other than Door to Phantomile of course.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Re: So I got a Vita...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 01:30:23 pm »
Persona 4 the Golden, Danganronpa 1&2 Reload, Gravity Rush, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, Helldiver as well as some PSP classics like the 3rd Birthday.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline gamr13

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 04:38:17 pm »
Believe or not, I do like the concept for being able to play console games on a handheld. While I like having my 3DS, it does offer a different experience. Plus, I wanted to get something that was sort of 'this' generation so to speak.

Anyway, is there any games you guys suggest? Other than Door to Phantomile of course.
Minecraft, P4G, Killzone Mercenary, BlazBlue (any available), Bomberman Land, Little Big Planet (PSP & Vita)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:50:46 pm »
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but...Tearaway. I haven't played the game, myself (nor do I actually own a Vita), but it looks really, really good, and it has great reviews. Check Caddicarus' review on it if you need any the more reason to play it.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:58:11 pm »
if you like puzzle games Crush and Fading Shadows are neat casuals.

I'll be honest, Crush can get really frustrating at times especially on the endgame levels. Fading Shadows is very basic but also very casual; you won't be scratching your head trying to solve 99% of the puzzles but it's different.

Offline Chocolat

• Magical Grill
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • My style is rich, dope, phat in which
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 02:10:58 am »
Unless you have already played PSN is by far the cheapest way to play Tomba/Tomba 2.

There's also Sly 4 (Comes with a PS3 code too iirc), Disgaea 4 and Hyperdimension Neptunia re;birth. For people with big dongers there is also project diva
Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

Offline SuperKlonoa64

• demonic snorlax
  • Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 08:51:26 am »
Well since I don't know much vita games (probably cause I don't have one myself), but I do know a couple of good games, like Modnation Racers: Road Trip and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Granted you can easily play those games on PS3 especially with the former being pretty much an expansion title.
Note to self: Attend site more often.

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 12:03:53 pm »
Suggestions, eh? Let's see...  :unsure:

- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Dynasty Warriors Next
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
- Shovel Knight
- Metal Slug 3

Hope you find something interesting in this list.  ;)

Now, if you'll excuse me...

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 04:11:04 pm »
oh, if you can manage I recommend Monster Hunter 3rd.

Monster Hunter 3rd never came to the states so it's only in Japanese unless you get it on the PS3 (or pirate the english modded version). Afaik because the Vita doesn't use UMD...you'll need to create a Japanese PSN account and log into it in order to play...then log back into your other account to play your other games.

Monster Hunter 3rd is a fun hardcore game that can be played spontaneously in under 30 minutes. There's a large translation community available to help with kanji but ultimately it's all about seeing which number is bigger and knowing which health potion is small vs large

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 04:32:22 pm »
oh, if you can manage I recommend Monster Hunter 3rd.

It's Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, MH3rd (aka tri) is the one for the Wii. Talking about Monster Hunter I suggest Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, a classic of the series with more than 500 hours of content, it doesn't look as polished as P3rd (since it's the last 2nd Gen game and P3rd is a 3rd gen game) but it really has TONS of content. Both are great anyways :D