Windbullet: mod, magazine, or machine? O:

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Does Klonoa remember the events from Door to Phantomile  (Read 2028 times)

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
Does Klonoa remember the events from Door to Phantomile
« on: February 12, 2022, 06:44:10 pm »
This is a question I've had since the very first time I saw Lunatea's Veil. None of the characters or events from DtP get mentioned in Lunatea's Veil. Does that mean Klonoa simply doesn't talk about any of it or does it actually mean that he doesn't remember any of it?  :unsure:

This question also comes from ExoParagrim's old review of Klonoa 2, where he said Klonoa doesn't remember anything but his name. Could someone tell me if that is true?
Awaiting the return of our lord and savior Pac-Man

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Does Klonoa remember the events from Door to Phantomile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 06:47:33 pm »
Yes, i though of that too, and i stopped calling Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil as, well, Klonoa 2, because it isn't a sequel to DtP, it isn't connected, actually, none of the games are connected, so stop theorizing that there is "some" kind of connection. And, have you ever had a mention of another dream in another dream? Probably not. That's something that people forget, if it was a sequel, the "Moos" wouldn't be there, and Lolo wouldn't make sense having the same powers as Hewpoe or something. +, How does he change clothes, his height, his pupils, rotate him self 180 degrees to the back on the end of the game? That also explains why Joker comes back in Heroes, and same can be said for Balue, these restricted characters to that world aren't actually restricted, because these could be real things that Klonoa knows in the real world, and dreams does have something to do with reality usually. And Lolo is refered as "Klonoa's old best friend" or something like that, which, isn't really true in Lunatea's Veil, but is true in this dream.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 06:52:38 pm by rapappa the pepper »
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 11:37:22 pm »
Yes, i though of that too, and i stopped calling Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil as, well, Klonoa 2, because it isn't a sequel to DtP, it isn't connected, actually, none of the games are connected, so stop theorizing that there is "some" kind of connection. And, have you ever had a mention of another dream in another dream? Probably not. That's something that people forget, if it was a sequel, the "Moos" wouldn't be there, and Lolo wouldn't make sense having the same powers as Hewpoe or something. +, How does he change clothes, his height, his pupils, rotate him self 180 degrees to the back on the end of the game? That also explains why Joker comes back in Heroes, and same can be said for Balue, these restricted characters to that world aren't actually restricted, because these could be real things that Klonoa knows in the real world, and dreams does have something to do with reality usually. And Lolo is refered as "Klonoa's old best friend" or something like that, which, isn't really true in Lunatea's Veil, but is true in this dream.

Alright, but I ask again: In Lunatea's Veil, does Klonoa remember the events of DtP?

YukarinUniversalTraveler

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 12:30:38 am »
Alright, but I ask again: In Lunatea's Veil, does Klonoa remember the events of DtP?

To answer your question: no.

And to elaborate a little more since this is a nice topic; the only thing Klonoa "seems to remember" besides his name, is the ability to double jump, as in, grabbing a Moo and then using it to boost the normal jump. When Popka explained that to him, he pretty much said something among the lines of "oh, you mean a double jump, I already knew how to do that!".

Now I don't know how would that mean that Klonoa remembers the events from DtP, but that's certainly... something.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 02:04:12 am »
While it's not explicitly mentioned anywhere, Klonoa does seem to recall DtP's events within his subconscious. Yoshizawa had hinted this theme in a tweet comparing the story of Inside Out to this game.

Big spoiler warning below.

Mira-Mira and Hyuponia are where it really shines, especially the latter. You can see parts of Grandpa's house in the ruins and hear bits of past songs distorted throughout that same level. The King of Sorrow's temple is also a disfigured version of the Moon Kingdom. It's why the king himself looks like a blend of both Klonoa and Huepow as well. He's the embodiment of Klonoa's sorrow that he had yet to confront.

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 12:25:30 pm »
While it's not explicitly mentioned anywhere, Klonoa does seem to recall DtP's events within his subconscious. Yoshizawa had hinted this theme in a tweet comparing the story of Inside Out to this game.

Big spoiler warning below.

Mira-Mira and Hyuponia are where it really shines, especially the latter. You can see parts of Grandpa's house in the ruins and hear bits of past songs distorted throughout that same level. The King of Sorrow's temple is also a disfigured version of the Moon Kingdom. It's why the king himself looks like a blend of both Klonoa and Huepow as well. He's the embodiment of Klonoa's sorrow that he had yet to confront.

This is actually pretty interesting because it shows that even the subconscious memories of a Dream Traveler can affect the reality inside the Dream Worlds. That'd explain what you brought up. :unsure:

Of course this isn't kept consistent since Klonoa remembers the events of DtP in Dream Traveler of Noctis Sol, though I think that it's more due to the writers being sloppy. :embarassed:

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 07:26:17 pm »
This is actually pretty interesting because it shows that even the subconscious memories of a Dream Traveler can affect the reality inside the Dream Worlds. That'd explain what you brought up. :unsure:

Of course this isn't kept consistent since Klonoa remembers the events of DtP in Dream Traveler of Noctis Sol, though I think that it's more due to the writers being sloppy. :embarassed:

Yeah definitely different writers and that small period of time where they wanted a more generic combined universe. Yoshizawa had stopped being an integral part of the series' writing since LV, which I think he became a supervisor afterward. Would explain a lot of the inaccuracies.