It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Darkwing Duck 2015 Comic Series  (Read 1639 times)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
Darkwing Duck 2015 Comic Series
« on: October 24, 2014, 11:02:43 pm »
Yes, you read that right: Darkwing Duck is getting a new comic book series next year, courtesy of Joe's Books (and maybe IDW Publishing, though that may be an error on Diamond's part). :O

The news is here and here. For those who hate links, they'll start by making new editions of Boom's Darkwing Duck run. The omnibus will inclued the first 16 issues of the series, as well as the annual. Rewrites will be done by Aaron Sparrow, who was involved with the Boom series, and the art will be revised as well. It'll include an all-new epilogue as well.

This is all to lead into a new series written by Aaron Sparrow.

"But wait" you ask, "What about the crossover with DuckTales?" Well, the version I heard was that it apparently wasn't approved by Disney, so it won't be reprinted or rewritten, at least not at the moment. Thus, it won't be considered canon by the new series. (EDIT: Wait, now I'm hearing a new version will be done as the start of the new series. We'll find out for sure in the coming months, though.)

Now, I never heard of Joe's Books, but they have a chance to prove themselves with this book. I welcome a new series, and I hope this leads into a much bigger revival of the franchise.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:34:56 am by SurrealBrain »

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Goody goody!
Re: Darkwing Duck 2015 Comic Series
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 07:36:53 am »
Sorry to bump this dead thread, but there is some news, so I guess it's okay. If not, a mod can tell me.

We have some word on progress of the new editions. Arron Sparrow posted preview images, and someone else used them and the original versions to compare the original release of the Boom run to Joe Books' reprints. Take a look. Left is the original version, right is the new version:

I think these are improvements, especially since it does what it said it would do: put it more in line with the show.

Any thoughts, assuming this is okay?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:41:44 am by SurrealBrain »

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »
Wasn't THIS comic series the one where the artist gave the Phantom Blot a mouth so he'd be more of a shadow instead of a black ghost-like character? Or am I thinking of another comic?
EDIT: NEVERMIND! I was thinking of Super Goof.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:16:09 pm by Windbullet »
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 05:13:31 pm »
I missed the old Boom series the first time around (which is a big reason I plan on getting the reprints when they come out), so I wouldn't know.

At least some of the art's supposed to be revised (though the preview panels suggest that at least some art will be reused as well), so he may look more like the traditional design, or he may not. Either way, we won't know until next month or so.

EDIT: And since ther hasn't even been 24 hours passed since this post, I'll edit it to include more art from Aaron Sparrow's Twitter account. No comparison images this time (from anyone), these are completely new pieces.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:39:05 am by SurrealBrain »