Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Just noticed something  (Read 1686 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Just noticed something
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:47:06 pm »
Ok, I've was browsing Wayforward's site when i realized something

https://wayforward.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/banner_DishServed-Chapter.png
this is one of the many goals Wayforward set for their kickstarter for Shantae: Half Genie Hero.
depending on how much money they raised they would be adding different things in the game. one of them was this

"to save a dying visitor, Uncle Mimic rigs a satellite dish to collect wayward magic. Shantae and her friends are horrified when Nega-Shantae is reborn"

seems pretty cool right?
well that is, until you think about it.

Half Genie Hero is a re-boot of the first Shantae.
Nega-Shantae is first created is Risky's Revenge, which comes AFTER the first Shantae
in other words
if Half Genie Hero is a re-boot of the first game
there'd by no Nega-Shantae to be reborn yet!

what's up with this?
either Wayforward is trolling us and Half Genie Hero is actually a sequel to Pirate's Curse, or they didn't think this through properly.

idk i might be crazy, but this seems like a pretty big deal to me  :unsure:

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Re: Just noticed something
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 05:54:08 pm »
I read somewhere that half-genie hero is set after Pirate's Curse.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Re: Just noticed something
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 06:09:02 pm »
I read somewhere that half-genie hero is set after Pirate's Curse.

really?i could've sworn it was a re-boot. that's why they brought back Risky's original design. i'll search around on the Wayforward forums some more and see what i can find

Edit: ok the most i could fins was this, idk what is implies

Should we reach the lofty goal of ONE MILLION dollars (phew!) we’ll be able to add another chapter to the game. Let’s talk briefly about that…A DISH SERVED COLD: Spoiler Alert!

The storyline for Shantae: Risky’s Revenge takes a bit of a twist at the end… Some wayward wishing occurs…we don’t want to spoil it for you. But if there’s someone Shantae would rather not have to face again, it’s NEGA-SHANTAE. As her name implies, NEGA is the polar opposite of Shantae, although she dances equally well. Our next Stretch Goal would add a new Chapter to the game which features this villain as both main attraction and BOSS, as well as a new TRANSFORMATION for Shantae…hopefully something that can counteract the evil doppelganger. Beyond this new Stretch Goal lies FULL VOICE ACTING! We’ll dig into that one later, should the opportunity present itself. For now, give yourselves a HUGE pat on the back! And THANK YOU from everyone here at WayForward!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:15:20 pm by BinaryPulsar »