No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: This game's art style is really charming to look at  (Read 1461 times)

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
This game's art style is really charming to look at
« on: February 29, 2024, 12:27:29 pm »
Like, there's something about it that looks relaxing
It's... it's beautiful.
I love the style this game has. The character design, the backgrounds, the music, it's gorgeous. I love this game
It's so unique. It's just calming, and so impressive. I also liked the rain effect in Vision 1-2

I also like the little smiles he has

And, not to mention this awesome cover art

Edit 3/3/2024: Took some better photos of the booklet

Quite literally the best Playstation game I own (I only have 5 ps1 games right now, one of them is a old, scratched up copy of crash 2.) (the rest of the games is crash racing, animaniacs ten pin alley, and obscure game spin jam)
I do plan on getting more ps1 games, but I highly doubt none of them will be better than Door to Phantomile. This is literally my favorite ps1 game

I'm not finished with this game yet, but I do know it starts to take a dark turn halfway through. I haven't gotten to the exact point yet though. And I heard the ending in this version is emotional, so I can't wait to see if it makes me cry or not.

Yeah. Really good game.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 03:01:19 pm by kittenwatermemes, Reason: Have taken better photos of the booklet »
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: This game's art style is really charming to look at
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 12:32:12 pm »
A new fan that gets it? Welp, that's only in UHKC baby.  ;)

Must be really nice to have the Japanese version imported there that has everything included in there, something that would sky rocket taxes in Brazil, but, well is cheap in US's west i suppose.

Have you learned any words with this?
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 03:33:33 pm »
A new fan that gets it? Welp, that's only in UHKC baby.  ;)

Must be really nice to have the Japanese version imported there that has everything included in there, something that would sky rocket taxes in Brazil, but, well is cheap in US's west i suppose.

Yep, been a fan since December, and I quite think DtP is one of the best ps1 games. ;D

It's quite a nice collection to have. And it honestly makes me want to have a Jap. version of the other ones like Lunatea's Veil, and Beach Volleyball. :hey: I didn't get the American version because well.. if you've looked it up on eBay, you would know why :sad_face: (Wait, though the English DtP is still on the us ps3 store, not sure if it performs well or not.)

I do want a Japanese console so I can play this game (and Japanese games in general) on actual hardware, since I am not good at modding, and don't really wanna risk breaking a console.

But yeah, the game runs well on DuckStation.

Brazil, maybe it's expensive there. I don't know a whole lot about Brazil, for other than my mom telling me it's the "drug capital of the world", and for the Jesus statue there, and that you Brazilians loves modding consoles. That is all I know about Brazil, but I imagine the shipping costs is probably not very cheap there (That, and also that "Ola" means hello  :hey: in Portuguese.)

Have you learned any words with this?

Not that much, but I kinda figured out some: like "はい" is yes, and "いいえ" is no. That's really about it so far. Kinda learned as much as I know Russian from those Russian bootlegs stuff. нет
The characters speaks a made up language (with probs some japanese in it), and I might probably would have to place the Jap. and the American version side by side, and then look up how to pronounce the Japanese text since Japanese text is a little hard to read. Or, I can use a translator.
I might figure "Grandpa" out since I remember that part from PRS.
So I would probably need to pay close attention to the text, and so on.
So, that's how it's going so far.

And now I have a question: Will the ending of this game make me cry?
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 06:32:36 pm »

Yep, been a fan since December, and I quite think DtP is one of the best ps1 games. ;D

It's quite a nice collection to have. And it honestly makes me want to have a Jap. version of the other ones like Lunatea's Veil, and Beach Volleyball. :hey: I didn't get the American version because well.. if you've looked it up on eBay, you would know why :sad_face: (Wait, though the English DtP is still on the us ps3 store, not sure if it performs well or not.)

I do want a Japanese console so I can play this game (and Japanese games in general) on actual hardware, since I am not good at modding, and don't really wanna risk breaking a console.

But yeah, the game runs well on DuckStation.

Brazil, maybe it's expensive there. I don't know a whole lot about Brazil, for other than my mom telling me it's the "drug capital of the world", and for the Jesus statue there, and that you Brazilians loves modding consoles. That is all I know about Brazil, but I imagine the shipping costs is probably not very cheap there (That, and also that "Ola" means hello  :hey: in Portuguese.)

Not that much, but I kinda figured out some: like "はい" is yes, and "いいえ" is no. That's really about it so far. Kinda learned as much as I know Russian from those Russian bootlegs stuff. нет
The characters speaks a made up language (with probs some japanese in it), and I might probably would have to place the Jap. and the American version side by side, and then look up how to pronounce the Japanese text since Japanese text is a little hard to read. Or, I can use a translator.
I might figure "Grandpa" out since I remember that part from PRS.
So I would probably need to pay close attention to the text, and so on.
So, that's how it's going so far.

And now I have a question: Will the ending of this game make me cry?
I played the PS3 PSN version of DtP! It runs well actually, the two filter modes may not be that great but they don't destroy the image like say a Game Boy Player would. Plus when it comes to playing on real consoles it's either that or spend like $30+ more on analogue to HDMI conversion kits for PS1! Or just enjoy the way it was intended with old CRT tellies.

To get back to ya on the ending, yes you might cry if you are a bit faint of heart. But it's absolutely worth it  :smile2:
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 07:21:01 pm »
I played the PS3 PSN version of DtP! It runs well actually, the two filter modes may not be that great but they don't destroy the image like say a Game Boy Player would. Plus when it comes to playing on real consoles it's either that or spend like $30+ more on analogue to HDMI conversion kits for PS1! Or just enjoy the way it was intended with old CRT tellies.

Yep, it's either pay $5.99 for it and play it on an old ps3  :hey: (good game price btw), or spending hundreds to thousands of dollars for an American copy..  :(
Even if it may not run the greatest on it, it'll still count as a way of legally playing it. I mean, I did get Vib Ribbon on it several years back, and it runs great! ;D
Though, our ps3 is quite old. As long as that thing still works.

Either that, or buying a Japanese ps2 (which i do want)

To get back to ya on the ending, yes you might cry if you are a bit faint of heart. But it's absolutely worth it  :smile2:

Oh boy. And I remember feeling a lil sad seeing the grandpa part in prs too. :( So I imagine it's gonna be much more emotional in this one :sad_face:

Wahoo!

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
Re: This game is starting to be a lil more difficult, and more saddening.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 12:40:47 pm »
Oh boy. And I remember feeling a lil sad seeing the grandpa part in prs too. :( So I imagine it's gonna be much more emotional in this one :sad_face:

Update on that: That grandpa scene after 4-2 did make me sad It really was more saddening in the original version. The scream Klonoa did in it was just.. terrifying to hear.  :(
And after that, the game started to get a lil more difficultOh, and I still hate fighting Joka in 5-2. I didn''t like fighting him in PRS, and I still kinda don't. Though, it was much easier in the Original version, than it was in PRS. I only died 4 times before I finally beat him. I do like the controls in this game a lot more than PRS. So maybe they did something with the controls, and it made it a lil more difficult in PRS??

I also have more pictures to share (btw i don't know how to properly resize images on here or otherwise I would've made them smaller)

This is honestly very beautiful. I love the style here.

But there's this one thing I saw that I loved.

Wow. I love his expression here. I would have never thought I would love to see Angry Klonoa, but here we are.
It looks incredible. Very outstanding
(hopefully i'm not annoying anyone, I just wanted to share some update on the game progress)

Wahoo!

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 04:08:53 pm »
I believe the audio mixing was wrong in PRS, particularly in that Grandpa scene. It doesn't carry that consistent ethereal emotion you have in the PS1 game. Though to me at least it doesn't completely destroy the game, I just wish the narrative team did better for this remaster.

Joka's boss is the trickiest of the game, a lot of his attacks are pretty tight especially that fast claw stomp move that even now I struggle to avoid it properly. It almost feels as if he should have been the final boss instead, the actual final boss is nowhere near this elaborate in my experience. I can stave this off as being a consequence of "First game syndrome".

Klonoa's killer face is incidentally incredible for the fact that it is the only time we see it in any game. I suppose the idea was to convey a young kid's exaggerated rage towards an evil he does not comprehend. We've been in in a spot like his at one point during our childhood, mostly when we first learn when things don't always go our way. That's how we would relate to him especially if we played this when young.

Don't mind you sharing the rest of your progress though, this is what forums are made for so no need to shy away!

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 05:17:34 pm »
I believe the audio mixing was wrong in PRS, particularly in that Grandpa scene. It doesn't carry that consistent ethereal emotion you have in the PS1 game. Though to me at least it doesn't completely destroy the game, I just wish the narrative team did better for this remaster.
I just went on PRS real quick and re-watched that specific part (or well, I just sped through it and ended it after Klonoa's ""scream"")And if anything, it's not very emotional to me. Klonoa looked emotionless more than he did sad. He barely looked saddened by it. And the thing is, If they used the original audio for (almost) the entire thing, then why did they only re-did Klonoa's scream instead of either re-recording the entire scene, or just using the compressed original audio like they did, for most of the game?  :unsure: :confused: It doesn't make sense to me.  I honestly didn't like how they re-recorded that audio. It's not as powerful/emotional as the original.

So, this version definitely made me more sad.

Joka's boss is the trickiest of the game, a lot of his attacks are pretty tight especially that fast claw stomp move that even now I struggle to avoid it properly. It almost feels as if he should have been the final boss instead, the actual final boss is nowhere near this elaborate in my experience. I can stave this off as being a consequence of "First game syndrome".
I think the thing that mainly got me was when he spun around and you had to quickly jump over it 4 times. And it would be difficult to do. One tiny mistake for that part, and 90% you're gonna lose a life. That part is difficult to do. But even before that part, I still got hurt. (Once I nearly died by falling off the platform, but thankfully I had a moo and I got back on it, or otherwise I would've died)
And it's like a little difficult to try and figure out how to avoid those stomps without getting hurt. The enemies being in the way certainly didn't help with that. For the final boss, if I recall correctly from PRS, all you had to do was run around avoiding things, and launching moos into a canon and that was it. Avoiding the things might be a little tricky, but it's no where as difficult as fighting Joka.

Klonoa's killer face is incidentally incredible for the fact that it is the only time we see it in any game. I suppose the idea was to convey a young kid's exaggerated rage towards an evil he does not comprehend. We've been in in a spot like his at one point during our childhood, mostly when we first learn when things don't always go our way. That's how we would relate to him especially if we played this when young.
Yep. Sure, Klonoa does get mad In Klonoa Heroes and all, but not as mad as that. That is like, the angriest I've ever seen him. It's like he was about to do something evil. Like, you must had to do something that bad, to make him have such a evil look. It's not even in PRS too, which sucks.
Oh yeah, I had definitely been through those moments in my childhood (I was a terrible child. I don't wanna talk about it)
And in a way, he is kind of a relatable character.

Don't mind you sharing the rest of your progress though, this is what forums are made for so no need to shy away!
Thanks! My biggest fear with that, was well, I didn't wanna seem like I was "spamming", and just people finding it annoying so. Glad to know ya won't mind it! :hey:

Wahoo!

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
Done with 6-1. It was a little difficult, but pretty cool!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 07:03:43 pm »
So, I played some more door to phantomile today, and completed 6-1.
And well, let's just say I restarted it over 5 times. It was a little tricky at some parts
But there's some things that I loved about 6-1: The music. The dreamy, beautiful music was one of my favorite things about it.
Oh, and the level design is fantastic!

I honestly thought this cool sparkly effect thingy was pretty neat!

But I quite love the background here and all, it is beautiful.

Overall, pretty neat level! I believe I'm quite near to the ending of this game, so I should get prepared for that.
The next level is 6-2. That one might be a little difficult, though.

I also need to find the song that plays in 6-1 because it is really charming.

Update: I found the song. It's called Untamed Heart.  :hey: It is a good song
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 07:46:31 pm by kittenwatermemes »

Wahoo!

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2024, 08:26:08 pm »
6-1 is a juicy, ethereal level that also prides itself in tightening up the precision platforming, which can be a bit intense at times. I think I took quite an amount of tries completing it too, more than 5 even. And I have decades of experience in platformers! This Vision only gets exponentially harder if you decide to make it your objective to collect all Dream Stones, if so, good luck.  :sick:

Untamed Heart keeps me from blowing up a bridge at least, all the better for the fact this forum is named after it! What a gorgeous and dreamy song, and despite me liking all of the soundtrack it is without question my favorite tune in the whole game  :D

Honorable mention to the sparkles that gradient in that one round platform, all the surreal visuals are quite a delight even on the PS1 game.