Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: [OFFICIAL] Best Villain Thread  (Read 6023 times)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: [OFFICIAL] Best Villain Thread
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 11:57:04 pm »
Ghadius. He is in a way selfish but I think he at one point wished Phantomile to have a balance of not just good dreams but both nightmares and dreams hence why he is among the forgotten. Too bad he has gone kinda suicidal like crazy and ended up just bringing back Nahatomb to destroy everything.

Ah well here are some things he said it can be interpreted different ways probably.

Tall image btw
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Chocolat

• Magical Grill
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • My style is rich, dope, phat in which
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 09:29:08 am »
King of Sorrow because he is a desconstruction of the mopey tragic emo villian (Note that this is only a few years after FFVII proved to be one of the most influential games and had the original mopey tragic emo villian). Most games really pushed the "THEY'RE JUST MISUNDERSTOOD ;-;) angle and then in Klonoa 2 the King of Sorrow is someone who really wants lunetea to keep stable but is also at the same time not anything but a pathetic and selfish loner and so thought the best cause of action was to have the whole world be nothing but sorrow. Klonoa had to pretty much kill him to make him realise how stupid he was being.
Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 11:16:24 am »
i dont think the King of Sorrow wanted the world to be stable so much as he just wanted to be remembered and recognized... it was more of a selfISH reason rather than a selfLESS reason...

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 06:07:18 pm »
Jillus.

Because he is too Jillus (jealous) he couldn't sleep, then decides to apply "NO DREAMING" rule.

Also, he has a hard head.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 06:45:26 pm »
Jillus.

Because he is too Jillus (jealous) he couldn't sleep, then decides to apply "NO DREAMING" rule.

Also, he has a hard head.
Again. I will say this. Stick to talking about the Lunatean or Phantomilian villians.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 07:05:45 pm »
(Ah Dar you beat me to it.)

Anyway, it's Sorrow. He's a much better-written character, and his decisions and actions are very relatable to anyone with emotions. What he did wasn't justified, but understandable. His very existence and attitude are interlaced with the game's narrative very smoothly, and it makes the ending feel like it's tied off with a nice little ribbon.

Ghadius isn't a bad villain or even a bad character at all, but his motivation more or less boils down to "I'm evil lol" (I know he's bitter over being banished, but I don't recall it ever being stated that nightmares are a vital part of the world, ergo, evil). He didn't really feel as directly tied into the narrative and to me it made the story feel a little less..complete? I'm not sure how to word that. He's a very cool villain, but a fairly boring and traditional take on the role. He's not very relatable to most people *side-eyes Dae*

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 06:46:20 am »
My opinion based on how I fought them in game.

Ghadius:
  • Big target
  • Predictable moves
  • Has 1 form only

King of Sorrow:
  • Moving target in the 1st battle but in the 2nd battle you need to hit the weak points of his barrier, which is also moving btw
  • Unpredictable moves
  • Has 2 forms

So, King of Sorrow is the best villain for me and he's more of a challenge than Ghadius.

That is all.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:15:47 am by Randomizer »

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 01:16:45 pm »
My opinion based on how I fought them in game.

Ghadius:
  • Big target
  • Predictable moves
  • Has 1 form only

King of Sorrow:
  • Moving target in the 1st battle but in the 2nd battle you need to hit the weak points of his barrier, which is also moving btw
  • Unpredictable moves
  • Has 2 forms

So, King of Sorrow is the best villain for me and he's more of a challenge than Ghadius.

That is all

Ghadius isn't even the final boss of DTP though.

Nahatomb is.

With him you have to constantly keep moving to avoid his armored moos (if you don't currently have a moo in your hand) and his tongue and make sure you load all six canons. He has THREE stages, a first canon stage, a stage where you fight his insides after he eats you, and a second canon stage after he spits you up. If I remember correctly (I probably don't, I don't replay boss levels all too much I'm more interested in the levels themselves) you have to do all three stages without dying?? But even if you don't each stage is still decently challenging. There was a hell of a lot more multitasking in DTP than there was LV.

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 01:52:40 pm »
Ghadius isn't even the final boss of DTP though.

Nahatomb is.

With him you have to constantly keep moving to avoid his armored moos (if you don't currently have a moo in your hand) and his tongue and make sure you load all six canons. He has THREE stages, a first canon stage, a stage where you fight his insides after he eats you, and a second canon stage after he spits you up. If I remember correctly (I probably don't, I don't replay boss levels all too much I'm more interested in the levels themselves) you have to do all three stages without dying?? But even if you don't each stage is still decently challenging. There was a hell of a lot more multitasking in DTP than there was LV.

Well, I was referring to the masterminds of their storyline here and no, you don't restart to the beginning of Nahatomb's first form when you die but there is a checkpoint for each form you defeat (This is kinda reminding me of the final stage in Ninja Gaiden on NES except there were no checkpoints when the final boss defeats you and you get booted back to the 1st part of the stage and this boss also has 3 forms). Nahatomb was Ghadius' last resort to destroy the strange dream after his death.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
  • Hill Top Zone
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 10:42:26 pm »
I have thought about and decided. As the official judge I rule that Phantomile has the better villains.  Thread locked!