Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Topic  (Read 4925 times)

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
Re: Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Topic
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 05:20:35 pm »
Hey, have you guys seen this before? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T1gspN3BK0I
So, whattaya think will will happen next?

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 05:28:51 pm »
I've seen that myself, too. Heck I even theorized (to myself) that the identical Cutie Marks of the ponies in that town was a slight "take that" at My Little Unicorn: Believing is Magic, in which all the ponies were "individualized" by nearly-identical serial code numbers, as opposed to cutie marks.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 12:48:12 am »

I've been watching since early season 1. My bro told me to give it a try and ya, one episode led to another. If I had to rate the seasons it would be 1>4>3>2 (of course there are select episodes throughout each season that I would rate separately). During the last few months I was in my college town I actually started a club on campus that still exists today (heck it was even on tv though as a prop for a poor comedy skit). Anyways the club is throwing an end of the semester party on Friday night which I've rsvp'ed to :embarassed:

In all honesty however, the first few episodes of S5 will dictate if I continue watching...the show just isn't the same after S2.5ish (there's actually quite a bit of violence and negativity :().

I'm interested to see how S5 comes across though I'm not getting hyped. I really didn't expect Twilight's promotion to come so soon...neither did I anticipate the DBZ spinoff. Gently crossing my fingers that I can continue watching; it's the only tv show that I actually watch plus have interest in these days (need a show like SG1/Atlantis and Firefly again).

Even if I drop FiM during S5, I will remember it fondly. RD is best pony; nuff said.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 04:53:33 pm »
Hey, guys! Looks like the wait is almost over.

...Okay, so "almost" is subjective, but hey...at least we have this trailer to tide us over until then.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 03:19:40 pm »
I really do hope S5 reignites my interest in the show's future. I'll give it a chance and I'm hopeful because S4 was better as a whole than 2&3. I joined early S1 and the preceding seasons just don't compare...increasingly deviate from why my bro and I watched in the first place (there are some gem episodes though). I'm glad the show is continuing regardless, releasing a 3rd EQG and a real non-anthropomorphic film in 2016 but S5 really needs to convince me to continue watching. I've been watching continuously because there are episodes worth viewing scattered throughout but there are far too many inbetween that I find to be boring, aggressive or out of character that my inner-fan is wearing thin. Perhaps in hyperbole I'm gonna say if the S5 premier has the same DBZ over the top feel of the S4 finale...I may just not even watch episode 3 (unless it's a CMC episode :embarassed:)

Whether I continue watching or not I'll continue throwing pony stuff at friends through facebook or sliding old pony calendar portraits into their dvd/games collections :big_smile:

As a final statement around the end of Season 2 I learned my interest in the show slowly hanging more onto the fact my friends were included in the memes, jokes and discussions about the show. After Season 3.2-ish all my friends lost interest and have passed most of the episodes except for the ones I pushed because I knew they'd like it; staying a fan when nobody irl is, is tough on top of feeling the show lost it's roots back at the near end of Season 2.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 01:09:27 am »
Hey, guys! We finally have a release date for the new season! (About time...)

It starts on April 4th.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 12:48:47 am »
So the next generation (G5) has been getting some announcements. Can't say that I plan on watching G5...mostly due to lost interest altogether. Though I've lost most of my interest I still check the news while I reminisce about G4 S1 and S2 and the handful of gem episodes later on. I did get some revived interest in S8 and S9 because they seemed to revisit slice-of-life interactions with two side characters but in general after S3 the show was suddenly so different. The first 2-3 episodes of G5 is either going to revive or completely end my interest of future content. I have somehow watched all of S1 of Pony Life (PL) and I know it has a S2 coming which I may skip. PL has a good episode or two but I just don't feel it. PL grew on me a little but it's too high octane for my taste.

The announcement linked below seems interesting. The synopsis of G5 seems to be that slice-of-life with fantasy that FiM had in the beginning. I will say however I am skeptical about how cliché the synopsis sounds. I doubt I'll be readily captivated like I was with G4 and I also doubt I'll be as invested in G5 as I was in FiM or that it'll positively affect my life, if at all, as much as FiM did. Wishful thinking perhaps that the magic of G4 S1&2 is as captivating in G5 at this stage of my life.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2021/02/my-little-pony-generation-5-netflix.html
In the new movie, the pony world of Equestria has lost its magic. Friendship and Harmony have been replaced by paranoia and mistrust, and Ponies now live separated by species. Sunny -- a feisty and idealistic young Earth Pony -- is convinced there’s still hope for this divided world, but her slightly misguided and often hilarious efforts to change hearts and minds have led to her being branded a misfit. When Sunny befriends a lost Unicorn named Izzy, who wanders innocently into the Earth Pony town of Maretime Bay, the town has had enough. Izzy and Sunny must embark on an epic adventure that will include a daring jewel heist, outrageous conspiracy theories, elaborate musical numbers, and the world’s cutest flying Pomeranian. Their adventures will take them to faraway lands and force them to challenge the status quo by facing their fears and making new friends out of old enemies. The world Sunny has dreamed of her entire life could finally become a reality as Sunny and her newfound friends fight to prove that even little ponies can make a big difference.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:56:03 am by Thorp »