Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: EPG Klonoa Review Series  (Read 8590 times)

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
EPG Klonoa Review Series
« on: April 11, 2016, 03:34:35 pm »
Just thought I should share this review from ExoParadigmGamer's "Remake or Rebreak" series.

If you have any thoughts to share on the subject, I would encourage you to share it directly in the comments of this video!

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: EPG Klonoa Review Series
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 04:25:21 pm »
Don't agree perfectly, but it was a very nice review! Looking forward to his other Klonoa videos.
Thanks for sharing!

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 07:10:45 pm »
Gonna post what I posted in the comments section :big_smile:
First of all warning I have strong Klonoa PS1 DtP bias so yeah subjective but wii make made me mad in some ways when I played it vs. orginal.
WALL O TEXT SORRY

"I really like the Klonoa games. Unfortunately the wii make sorta irritated me hard. Also yeah I'm a Klonoa 1 PS1 fan much bias inbound. I strongly dislike that they handed over most of Klonoa lines to huepow not counting Klonoa's english voice which completely ruined a certain important cut scene mid game.. I do like the Wii's graphics quite a bit though and the fact I can change costumes and have a cutscene viewer. I think the the wii version sorta lost the charm the ps1 story had as far as expressiveness. In the wii the characters animations felt a bit.. rigid at times. The wii version lacked some little things like when the forest guard in 2-1 jumps down with his tongue sticking out about several feet. "however in the wii makes files this animation exists I do not know why it was removed xD"  I like that Paon who are the specific developers for this Klonoa did try to add stuff. I would also like to mention I agree with what you said on the difficulty curve. The didn't really need to be made easier @_@. I would have wanted a legit hard mode. It just all feels either a bit rushed or not very fully thought out :( . So as a person very loyal to the ps1 Klonoa I was pretty let down overall in some ways. Maybe new players can see it different but ps1 Klonoa DtP left a lasting impact on me."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 07:23:08 pm by Vokadae, Reason: I\'m too sleepy to spell this is morning for me. »

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 09:38:31 pm »
I only played the Wii version, so I can't choose which at the moment.

I'd still choose the original anyways. :big_smile:

Offline Spirit Macardi

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 02:45:04 pm »
Honestly, I kind of like the remake better myself. While the cutscenes aren't as detailed, the fact they're done in-engine and not pre-rendered gives the game a more consistent look and feel. Plus it allowed for some improved cinematography in scenes that were previously done using 2D sprites. Getting Bin Shimada to play Joka was also downright brilliant.

Really, all the issues I have with it are the result of the localization and not the game itself. The name screw ups and the horrendous dub (aside from Laura Bailey and Jessica Straus' performances) are Namco's fault.

Offline Alexinator

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: -6
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 02:50:57 pm »
I prefer the original.

Klonoa has a cuter design in it and the intro is better.

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • How curious...
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 04:30:06 pm »
ExoParadigmGamer has just released his review of Klonoa Moonlight Museum. As before, I decided to post it here for other Klonoa fans to discover.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 05:06:18 pm »
Hope you don't mind, I merged this with your topic for his other video, since it's an ongoing series. I figured it'd be best to have the videos all in one thread rather than spread out over multiple boards.

Anyway I never played Moonlight Museum, but his review of it seems pretty fair. Frickin' hype for LV tho

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »
That video was a nice watch.
I've not played through Moonlight Museum but now I know a little more story to it.

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • How curious...
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 06:24:46 pm »
Hope you don't mind, I merged this with your topic for his other video, since it's an ongoing series. I figured it'd be best to have the videos all in one thread rather than spread out over multiple boards.
My thought was to put each review in it's corresponding board (for future visitors to find more easily).  My apologies if this made things a little more cluttered.  I'll post the remaining videos in THIS topic as they are released.