It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Engine  (Read 23346 times)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Re: Klonoa Engine
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 10:12:03 am »
Why not just use open source Godot http://www.godotengine.org/wp/
I don't think S.Z. will use this.
Can't you be more constructive, ALOIYD?
You may say: "Why bother to use another general engine when you've already made one for side-scrolling action games?
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • This sentence contains a lie.
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 10:43:57 am »
You may say: "Why bother to use another general engine when you've already made one for side-scrolling action games?

Learning to code on another engine is a long process, I have been using the tools I'm using ATM for over a decade, sure I might learn to code with an engine that has better 3D support than the one I'm using ATM down the road, but since I can pretty much pull off anything I want to do with the tools I'm using now as long as I keep it 2D, I really have no need to learn a new language or new tools, and I have access to all the fancy effects I need via shaders and other scripts, but I tend not to use them since I'm not quite experienced with them, and I feel it's so easy going overboard with fancy effects with pretty nasty results so I tend not to use them since I'm no good at graphics design.

Besides, there is no reason to learn to drive a bulldozer, if all you gonna do with it is build a sandcastle.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:45:42 am by S.Z. »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 03:22:43 pm »
I wish you luck on your current engine I'm interested in the results. I don't see shaders helping a 2D game much anyways.
You could end up tossing in an option for a filter like Bilinear / 2xSAI or similar filters. Which to me are more just a user preference.

Offline radel1996

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • I'm new here!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 02:06:20 am »
Engine looks nice but need more upgrades how sound effect "Wahoo!" Before double jump and animation throwing.

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 03:59:54 am »
Engine looks nice but need more upgrades how sound effect "Wahoo!" Before double jump and animation throwing.

That is kinda what I'm working on right now, missing animations, and abilities, I only have some of the sound effects, and they are quite crap quality-wise, I would be really happy if someone could provide a quality audio rip from the PS2 or Wii game, or PS1 for that matter.

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 04:41:29 am »

That is kinda what I'm working on right now, missing animations, and abilities, I only have some of the sound effects, and they are quite crap quality-wise, I would be really happy if someone could provide a quality audio rip from the PS2 or Wii game, or PS1 for that matter.
You want some audio rips? I think @Daemyn has some.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 11:41:37 am »

You want some audio rips? I think @Daemyn has some.

I believe @FinalSoraRiku pulled some audio rips from the main series games, too, (notably Klonoa 2, Klonoa Wii, and mainly Klonoa's voice), if that's what you need to use.

http://forums.untamedheart.us/index.php/topic,536.0.html

(oh, and Final gives his regards, should you choose to use them.)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:43:28 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
  • Hill Top Zone
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 12:55:27 pm »
ALOIYD didn't say this, Jon Smith did. Seriously, he won't shut up about open source stuff :|

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 11:39:05 am »

I believe @FinalSoraRiku pulled some audio rips from the main series games, too, (notably Klonoa 2, Klonoa Wii, and mainly Klonoa's voice), if that's what you need to use.

This is great, but I still need sound effects for items, impacts, floating, and throwing and such.
 ;D

Here's a little something to show that I'm still making progress: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e4d28fb7dad6b5cf1bf3610fe8c13193

There are still some tweaks to be made everywhere, but at least now he has all his abilities, don't mind the animation inaccuracies, I still need to manually implement animation speeds so they play correctly, soon you can all start making levels, and I will have my little legion of free beta testers, and then I can start to work on a more advanced level editor.
:D

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 01:41:36 pm »

This is great, but I still need sound effects for items, impacts, floating, and throwing and such.
 ;D

Okay, well...good news! Final decided to do some more ripping for you. He'll be getting them off of the Wii Version, if that helps.

(And he wants to let you know that he doesn't remember what most of these sounds are, so they're not all named properly, but he did at least hint to what He thought they were. :u)

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).