Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa GMS2 Fangame - Whispers of the Wind  (Read 6398 times)

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
Re: Klonoa GMS2 Fangame - Whispers from the Wind
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2023, 02:54:45 pm »
What's the scale of the game going to be? Just don't bite more than you can chew at once if this is your first time making a game.

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Your (probably) exhausted nerd
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2023, 03:12:37 pm »
What's the scale of the game going to be? Just don't bite more than you can chew at once if this is your first time making a game.
Well currently I have eight worlds/15-16 visions planned (I used to have seven), so it'll have a little more than DtP. I'm going to be focused on 2D sprites but I am going to model a few things to have a more pre-rendered style. Currently it isn't too much per say, I nearly got the story done but that's mostly it at the moment. I haven't really started most of the game development besides working on the moveset a little because I wanted to finish the story and dialogue before I got fully into it. I do wanna add some special moves for the moveset once you get further in the story which shouldn't be that difficult. The reason I think it'd probably take longer than the rest of the year is finishing the sprites, models, music, code, etc. is probably just going to be time consuming especially by myself, and I have to attend school, manage my personal life, etc. So it's just gonna be awhile before it's done, or that's what it seems like. And I also wanted to add quite a bit of cutscenes, originally I was going to go for full 3D cutscenes but that honestly doesn't seem likely for my current skill set and my schedule.
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-
(Actual age: 15 - I made a mistake on my profile :p)

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2023, 03:19:56 pm »
That sounds like it’s gonna be an amazing game. Just remember that games can take a very long time to make. Undertale, a 6 hour pixel art game, took 3 years to make, and it was probably a much shorter development time because he raised over $50,000 in Kickstarter funds. I don’t wanna discourage you at all, just play your cards right. Many fan games never come to fruition because of bad planning, budget or time constraints, but then again, many others thrive, and there are even whole communities around fan games of a specific game! Good luck with this project, I’m really excited to see more!

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2023, 12:54:50 pm »
I completely rewrote the ending chapters, the ending and some of the characters were completly re-written. Maybe when I finish the game I'll post the original ending  :unsure:
Some of the main characters personalities were altered and I changed some of their names. The story is nearly done, and then after that I just need to revise most of the character dialogue to make sure it still fits and/or it just sounds off. I also got one of the level songs nearly done but it kinda sound off because I wasn't the original composer (one of my friends made it awhile back, I asked if I could revise it and use it). Anyways, to say the least things are going fine.
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2023, 06:42:40 pm »
If you aren't already part of the project team, you can sign up here if you want: https://forms.gle/BC4w7ScPQjhH3WTp6
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2023, 01:51:48 pm »
I was thinking of making Klonoa less understanding and confused from him just not understanding, because he hasn't matured enough to recognize what would otherwise would be obvious, vecause it is between DtP and L'sV he would be around 10 so only around two years after DtP. So he'd still be learning how to be more mature, he has changed but not as much as L'sV, sorry about rambling I just wanna explain how I wanna write some characters because... uh im bored  :bad_straight_face:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 08:19:49 pm by PhantomShiba »
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2023, 03:31:35 pm »
I adore how people still refer it as Studio 2 even though the developers dropped that subtitle a while back. Not that I'm complaining  :big_smile:

Good luck lad, we will watch your career with great interest!
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2023, 07:02:30 pm »
I adore how people still refer it as Studio 2 even though the developers dropped that subtitle a while back. Not that I'm complaining  :big_smile:

Good luck lad, we will watch your career with great interest!
Thanks, also the subtitle is just too engraved into my brain at this point  :embarassed: I forgot that they dropped it but even then GMS2 just sound nicer in my opinion. Thanks again for the nice comment
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2023, 05:05:22 pm »
Unique Moo Types
----------------
I have come up with a few new Moo types that will be used

1- Werewolf Moo (Based off of the original concept art for Moos
They are very quick unlike normal Moos and are very aggressive, they like to claw at unfamiliars.

2- Monster Moo
A mix mash of many Moos (like a frankenstein Moo)
They have thicker defenses despite not having a shield (takes 2 hits to defeat) Might also give it an ability to have a mix mash of random attacks from different Moos

3- Prehistoric Moo
A fierce Moo type that likes to throw a club, it bares pattterned cloth and a animal-like skull atop it's head.

4- City Moo
It wears a suit and and carries a brief case, it waddles around quickly (it's late for work) just don't get in it's way, it will give you a firm bonk with it's briefcase. Although they are quite clumsy.

5- Farmer Moo
A old fashioned, mid-western country Moo, it carries a pitchfork and it's not afraid to use it (long range attack)

6- War Moo
It carries a gun (Don't worry it's just a toy :] it just shoots out a flag) and it throws a cartoonish bomb.
It may be at war but it still has a sense of humor

7- Arctic Moo
Wow it sure is chilly, but don't worry this fella was prepared. It shows off it's new scarf and warm hat as it slides across the ice

8- Miner Moo
It swings a pickaxe back and forth, it isn't aggressive, just workin' hard, don't get in it's way and you'll be fine.

Bosses and Minibosses
1-
This group doesn't have a name yet, but it is a group of three more sentient Moos, they are a recurring boss fight and are one of the main antagonists. They are partnered with a Dinosaur like creature named Shila (which means rock) They are able to talk unlike normal Moos, and they do sure love to taunt Klonoa.

2-Judge Moo (Miniboss)
It wields a comically large hammer and sends in City Moos, the jury will decide your fate.

3- War General Moo (Pyromaniac Moo)
This Moo wields a flamethrower, it wishes to burn all in its path into fresh steak. Make sure to bring some water with you.

MORE MOO TYPES ARE BEING WORKED ON
But for now this is it…
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 05:07:00 pm by PhantomShiba »
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2023, 05:24:44 pm »
Where are the Octomoos?  :bad_straight_face:
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/