Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Rayman Legends impressions  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Rayman Legends impressions
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:56:16 pm »
Started playing Rayman Legends yesterday. So far, it's pretty good. I like how everything is faster paced than Origins. I'm a bit divided on the levels being shorter and easier than Origins. On the one hand, it makes the game faster paced, but on the other hand, it might make the game a bit too easy, since I've only died a few times in the levels where I died. Then again, what do I know (I've only beaten Worlds 1 and 2 so far). I really like the music-themed stages (even though I've only played Castle Rock). I really like the graphics, and the Murphy stages are fun too (though they can be a bit cheap at times). Overall, really good game so far.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Alexinator

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: -6
Re: Rayman Legends impressions
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 08:49:37 pm »
I played Legends, it's great, better than Origins.

I like the music levels alot aswell.

I think the levels are better but I liked Origin's cartoony look more.

The Rayman series is one of my favourite game series.

Have you played Rayman 1, 2 and 3?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:55:26 pm by Alexinator »

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 04:20:17 am »
I'm in the minority who preferred Origins...though I also have the PS3 version of Legends, when the Wii U version is considered the definitive version (makes sense; it was originally going to be the only version). Still, I can only judge by what I got, since while I've gotten a Wii U since then, I didn't have one at the time of Legends' release.

I will say, though, it was amazing in its own right; I just can't pinpoint it, but I preferred Origins.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 04:19:31 pm »
I wanna say I absolutely love how Origins is a complete throwback to Rayman 1, even referencing Mr. Dark, but I'm upset that they threw out a lot of the story (namely Ales's backstory) last minute.

I'm really conflicted between art styles, I love them both in different ways for different reasons...

The music levels really make Legends, honestly, theyre so fun to play, plus the fact that they put in the Origins levels is awesome.

The new Lum mechanic is new and interesting, although it's really not as exciting or satisfying as collecting the King Lum in Origins... on a similar note it's also more exciting to see Ales at the end of every level on Origins and watch his betrayal unfold :embarassed: sorry he's my fave

I miss seeing the Nymphs in Legends, too...  :sad_face:

Honestly though I still think Legends is more fun to play. I'm a huge Rayman fan (the franchise is my 3rd favorite gaming franchise, after Pokémon and Klonoa) and I think this game is the best the series has had. It's also the first main series Rayman game (I believe there was one racer/fighting spin off in this category) to let you play as a girl, and all the girls look bad ***, haha!

If I had the money I'd buy Origins a 3rd time, and Legends a 2nd time so I can play them both on my PS3 and take in the HD-est quality of them that I can!

Offline Tortwag

• Disciple of the Sonic Slash Claw
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 17
  • Crazily self-proclaimed Shell Master
    • Jest'O'Clock
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 02:02:33 pm »
Music Levels. 'Nuff said. Stuff like Castle Rock are what make this game freakin' awesome, that and a lot of the level design's pretty neat too.
Currently writing a Klonoa-themed fanfiction called Crusaders of Pugiland! Discover it here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1462.0

Also started an art topic for said fanfiction, which you can find right here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1877.msg26101#msg26101