Windbullet: mod, magazine, or machine? O:

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Cape feather vs. Tanooki leaf  (Read 2141 times)

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
  • Hill Top Zone
Cape feather vs. Tanooki leaf
« on: August 29, 2015, 01:04:16 pm »
Heya everyone! I wanted to talk about the most awesome flying power ups in the Mario franchise! They both have defensive capabilities unlike the other ones. So which ones do you like best?

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
Re: Cape feather vs. Tanooki leaf
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 01:12:27 pm »
Cape Feather

I CHOOSE YOU!

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 04:50:02 pm »
Cape Feather is all powerful. Cape Feather is almighty.
It a me

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Hill Top Zone
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 05:32:53 pm »
someone who agrees with me! the feather is by far the most powerful of mario's power ups! not only can he fly with it, he can stay in the air indefinitely if you know how to do it correctly, he can take hits if he doesn't open cape, given he'll just start gliding, but he won't lose the power up. he can also ground pound with it, knocking all enemies on the ground down. he can also destroy certain projectiles with it like the baseballs, or fireballs.

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Hill Top Zone
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 10:52:35 am »
Aww I was hoping more people would chime in on this...  :(

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 11:24:01 am »
Mario raccoon dog animals cosplay.

Offline CalmSerenity

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 52
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 10:00:17 pm »
I've never really gotten to use the Tanooki Leaf, so I don't think I have much to say @.@ I've used the Cape Feather a lot in Super Mario World, but it was hard trying to figure out how to fly with that thing ^^; I could fly through entire levels once I got the hang of it. I've always thought of it as better than the mushroom and Fire Flower power-ups.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 06:53:05 am »
I'd hate to be that guy, but...I never really grew up with Super Mario World, so I don't really have that same, miraculous, wonderment some people have to it. I also hadn't played much of it within the last 5-10 years, so I can't say I really know much of what the Cape Feather actually DOES, except it's similair to the Tanuki Leaf. So...I'm gonna go with Tanuki Leaf, if only since I find Tanuki Mario adorable. As well as Kitsune Luigi. And Tanuki Fox, Tanuki Lucario, Tanuki Falco, Tanuki Goomba, Tanuki Bowser, Tanuki....Okay I think I drove my point hom., I love the tanuki aesthetic, and its Smash implementation.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Arazeml

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Ice princess that can't retire from Mario Kart.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 02:12:10 pm »
THE POWER OF THE SUPER FEATHER TO LET ME BE CAPE MARIO (or Luigi) ANY DAY!! Also bias because SMW > SMB3 imo.

Real talk though, to this date, other than ice flower/penguin suit to freeze or the star, cape is STILL the ONLY Mario power up to effectively kill Dry Bones??

OP, do you mean the super leaf or the Tanooki suit power up? if the leaf for raccoon, then cape by far, but if Tanooki, then I'd say they're about even, since Tanooki has that statue invincibility ability that lets enemies ignore you.

Overall, I say cape.
[