Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: DC Universe Online  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Zenex Azure

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • "That's a cat."
    • Mixer Channel
DC Universe Online
« on: March 26, 2014, 10:53:50 am »
I know I'm making a bunch of topics in this general section, but when you have a bunch of stuff on your mind related to video games, you tend to want to share this stuff a lot, so I hope you guys don't mind. ^^;

Anyways, I've heard about DC Universe Online for a good while now, but seeing how it's an MMO, I didn't pay much attention to it. Now that I'm looking at some gameplay, I'm noticing that it looks more like you're usual action game where you have to dodge around and such, which is what I like and might explain how something like this is on PS3 as well. Most other MMOs it just seem like I just stand there watching a very boring fight, and that usually leads to me moving away from the game real fast.
So has anyone played this one before, and if so, is it worth trying? I do admit the character creation looks pretty neato, but if the gameplay's not that good, I'll probably pass on this. :unsure:
"Look, ok, thinking is hard."

Offline Tails' Fake Rings

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
DC Universe Online
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 11:10:10 am »
I'd recommend an actual real-time MMORPG like Mabinogi where you actively participate in the battles instead of just watching bars fill up. :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:10:52 am by Fake Ring »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
DC Universe Online
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:37:02 am »
I play MMOs, but I'm generally bored with the point and click ones. I'm waiting on some decent action based ones. TERA is rather boring, Raiderz started off okay but became a grind-fest with gold spammers, and while ESO is okay, it just didn't feel like a real TES game to me.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
DC Universe Online
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:20:42 pm »
i played DCUO during the early days with a 10 day trial. it was unique to me at least. i had a blast running up the sides of buildings and then launching off to catch ranged flying players with my dual blades (took them out of the sky). for the most part though it had the standard mmo questing, kill X number of guys from Y location. i stopped playing when pvp zergs were just a ball of DoTs and stun locks. the game may be balanced against stuns locks nowadays but i ain't going back. it's free so try it

Offline Zenex Azure

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • "That's a cat."
    • Mixer Channel
DC Universe Online
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 06:21:06 pm »
Well it finished downloading today after going on and off downloading it just because it took so long. So far I'm actually enjoying it. Even went with the "all in no fear" route and started out in a PvP server. Might I say the shenanigans will be high.

Either way I plan to play it some more. Whether I'll put any money into it or not is beyond me, but whatever, Zenex Azure's going to hit things with a sword! ^_^
"Look, ok, thinking is hard."

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
DC Universe Online
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 02:05:28 am »
I was happy on a pvp server. I really considered subbing because the game is entertaining; the Joker mentor really sold it plus the graphics. But when I reached level cap and finished all the speed challenges...pvp as I said ended up having too much CC in larger pvp encounters...I reluctantly abstained. Lotro and Champions Online also had me close to subbing...but the reasoning is not on topic with this thread.